Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any advice on what I can do further?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any advice on what I can do further?

Hello everyone!

I am new here but have been reading the forums for quite some time. I am a bit in a rut and not sure what else I can do. I have been working at getting. MY credit under control so I can finally buy a house. I start with a score of 420 in 2010 and now I'm at 584,603 and 601. I have paid off some accounts, some have fallen off. I have been able to have a few installments such as my secured cc, student loans and now a auto loan and Nordstrom card. All of my loans and cc are on time payments. But it seems if I have stalled. I'm trying to figure out what I can do to make my score go up.

i currently owe $491 on my capital one card with a $500 limit. I am paying that off in full this month.

nordstrom I'm below 20% use so will just pay as normal.

these are the collections is have : 

hoodbrook apts- November 2010 $451

Fritz chiropractic- may 2013 $156 ( I am thinking of disputing because this was to be taken out of my pay check and never was)

Urgent care-March 2010 $147

Comcast- March 2011 $418

Iowa central committee college - Aug 2012 $90 ( this will be taken out of my tax returns this year and will be paid in full)

accute care- Aug 2009  $356 ( shouldn't this be off by now? 7 years)

unity point health - April 2011 $424

i was told to let these all fall off as it is better to do this as most are going to fall off in the next 2 years the. To pay and have the 7 year restart. Is this right?

any ideas other then to pay that cc off how to bring up my score?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Re: Any advice on what I can do further?

Get cards under 10% utilization, continue paying online. If you are within a few months of old negative info deletion, then call all three rating agencies and have it removed if possible. Call all your collections and ask them for a PFD (Pay For Delete), pay the ones that will take that offer and get it in writing. For the others that won't budge, leave them be, at some point they'll stop reporting. One option is get the outstanding balance under $100. If you have a few collections under $100 it doesn't impact your score as badly as carrying large default.

Continue you read the forum, everything just said came from it and good luck.

Message 2 of 11
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

on time not online...sorry

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone!

I am new here but have been reading the forums for quite some time. I am a bit in a rut and not sure what else I can do. I have been working at getting. MY credit under control so I can finally buy a house. I start with a score of 420 in 2010 and now I'm at 584,603 and 601. I have paid off some accounts, some have fallen off. I have been able to have a few installments such as my secured cc, student loans and now a auto loan and Nordstrom card. All of my loans and cc are on time payments. But it seems if I have stalled. I'm trying to figure out what I can do to make my score go up.

i currently owe $491 on my capital one card with a $500 limit. I am paying that off in full this month.

nordstrom I'm below 20% use so will just pay as normal.

these are the collections is have : 

hoodbrook apts- November 2010 $451 Offer to PFD

Fritz chiropractic- may 2013 $156 ( I am thinking of disputing because this was to be taken out of my pay check and never was) Disputing is a waste of time here - offer to PFD

Urgent care-March 2010 $147 Offer to PFD

Comcast- March 2011 $418  PFD

Iowa central committee college - Aug 2012 $90 ( this will be taken out of my tax returns this year and will be paid in full) Why wait? offer to PFD

accute care- Aug 2009  $356 ( shouldn't this be off by now? 7 years) 2009 is only 5 years, not 7

unity point health - April 2011 $424 PFD

i was told to let these all fall off as it is better to do this as most are going to fall off in the next 2 years the. To pay and have the 7 year restart. Is this right? No, you were told wrong. Paying in no way increases the time they are reported.

any ideas other then to pay that cc off how to bring up my score?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD would require to pay the full amount right?

comcast is held by enhanced, talked to a manager today and they have no record of me. Sent an email with. Y report and Id.

im using all my money to pay off that cc and my bf's $7,700 with of cc debt (he has no baddies) first.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If he has no derogs on his credit reports, then a portion of that $7700 would be better spent trying to clear derogs from yours.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The interest is killing us from that card. That's why we are trying to pay it down. It will help bring his score up to.

he has a score of 603 from ck. no baddies but Is above his limit on his $7000 discover by about $150. His capital on he is at $695 on a $700 limit. Trying to fix both at the same times. He has some late payments (his past girlfriend had a huge part to do with this) cleaning up two peoples credit at once sucks lol.

the plan is to pay off my capital one ($495 and get it to zero) the. Pay off his $700 one. Then tackle his $7000 one. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would pay off the two small cards, and pay down the $7000 to below 30%. That will give him a decent score boost.

Then use whats left to address some of your issues. Address the most recent ones first.

If his lates are 30's they will have little effect after 24 months.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what we are kind of going for. Dave Ramsey snow ball effect.

i disputed hoodbrook and two medicals with EX today. Going to see how that goes then do the rest. I know Comcast is not mine and they have no record so that should not be an issue. Any other ideas?

also applied for fingerhut and was approved for $300 and denied for frontier from berks. Reconsider line said no to. Nordstrom won't up me for 7 months as well.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updated:

decided im going to leave the baddies alone. There is not much time left on them so meh. The college book store will be paid the $90 next month and removed.

i applied over the holidays and got a lane bryant card for $250, younkers card for $250, fingerhut for $300.

so now I have:

Nordstrom card with $500 cap with only $40 on it

Lane Bryant $0 on it (paid off)

younkers with $163 on it

finger hut with $180 on it

capital one secured with $500 limit at $466 (paying half of that this month)

andddd

just got approved for a capital one plantain card for $500 and capital one quicksilver one for $500 tonight.

dont plan to use them a lot, would like to get cli on them so I can use for a vacation.

am I doing this right? Lol

My score has gone down do to inquireies 

eq/584  tu/599  ex/580

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.