Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any advice?

tag
Mm587
Regular Contributor

Any advice?

I posted this elsewhere, but thnk maybe this is a better spot!  thanks

Iam rebuilding...i currently have a cap 1 plat 300. and recently approved for a QS One...with a CL of 500.  Traditionally, will the QS CL grow?  i also have an applied bank secured for only 200.00, i have a creditone with a CL of 550. and finalyy recently approved for a Barclays - Average with a line of 1300.00.  So, I have a total of 5 credit cards with a total CL of 2850.  My util is at 11%.  I want to grow the CL, not necessarily get more cards....my first goal is overall line of 10K.  I am not sure if I should set tight and try to grow these cards, or maybe apply for one more that may give me 1000 or so and then plan on growing the new card and the Barclays....I need guidance.  thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BatHunters
Valued Member

Re: Any advice?

Well, the secured cards won't grow by much, at least without a deposit. Cap One is known for their tiny credit limits. I also have a QS card, mine is 1k with the promise of an additional $500 after 6 months, almost there. Barclays has some great cards, I would apply for some of the better Barclays when your credit raises. From what I've seen on this site the Average Card stays lower. And credit one, well credit one is credit one. Don't expect a high limit. Use these cards wisely and apply for a Discover, Amex, or other big banks, also check out credit unions.

Good Luck!

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU FICO 693 EQ FICO 663 04/04/2014
Goal Score: 720

Gardening since 04/09/2014
Message 2 of 3
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Re: Any advice?

5 revolvers is plenty for now.  Your AAoA is low, and amount of new credit is high. I would garden for 6 months and then ask for CLIs on your Cap1cards. I'm not familiar with Applied Bank so don't know if they will convert. This is going to take some time and patience.  Do you have baddies your are working on?

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.