cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance I can get a goodwill deletion of a Suntrust repo?

tag
Calidreaming
Regular Contributor

Any chance I can get a goodwill deletion of a Suntrust repo?

Any chance I can get a goodwill deletion of a repo in 2013 for a car loan held by Suntrust Bank?  I bought a car for a family member in 2011 with the understanding they'd make the payments.  The family member made the payments faithfully for over 2.5 years, but then fell on hard times and did not tell me.  I immediately reinstated the loan after the repo and made sure the rest of the payments were made on time.  The loan was paid off a few months ago.

My credit score has since rebounded back to the 700s but I'm still getting random declines just because I have a repo showing.  By and large I can get the credit I need and have even been able to purchase a home a few months ago, but today I got declined for a $7K golf  cart.  It's irritating because the loan was only about a month behind--I just have three 30 day lates showing  from that time period on the loan. 

Has anyone had success getting a goodwill deletion of a Suntrust baddie?  If they are willing to delete the whole TL, that would help me too because I have an extremely long and previously spotless credit history other than this stupid repo!  Where could I find contact info?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Any chance I can get a goodwill deletion of a Suntrust repo?

Wont know till you try the GW letter. You can check ceoemail to see if they are listed

Message 2 of 3
Calidreaming
Regular Contributor

Re: Any chance I can get a goodwill deletion of a Suntrust repo?

Thanks.  I guess I'll give it go but my chances seem pretty bleak.  I haven't been able to find a single person who's gotten a Suntrust baddie off.  Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.