cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance for to reach minimum 660 FICO across anytime in 2016?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any chance for to reach minimum 660 FICO across anytime in 2016?

Subject says it all LOL

For those who don't know me, I filed for BK7 last March 2015 which ws fully discharged June 2015. My current FICO scores are:

EX: 634

TU: 603

EQ: 746 <---Never mind that! It's been yo-yoing but it should be 639 from last reporting

Yes, I'm still paying on time, keeping my UTi no more 30%, etc...

I just want to get to that "Good" credit theresold sometimes in 2016 and then go from there Smiley Happy I'm happy that my GF already is in "Good" credit zone 660-688 scores (never filed for BK thou') I know some of recent BK filers (around the same time as me) got better scores now 660+ so that's why I'm hoping to reach that milestone sooner.

Oh one more thing....

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays! Here's hoping all of us credit rebuilders gets a better year 2016! Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any chance for to reach minimum 660 FICO across anytime in 2016?

Time will heal your score, maybe get some secure cards and keep UTI around 10%.... A secure installment loan will hurt at first, but in time will get you to 660...
Be smart when you app for CC, go into to the Application forum for guidance ....at that score range you never knows what hurt and what helps... But time with revolvers and one installment will get you there ....The bankruptcy is what's holding you back do be patience....
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Subject says it all LOL

For those who don't know me, I filed for BK7 last March 2015 which ws fully discharged June 2015. My current FICO scores are:

EQ: 746 <---Never mind that! It's been yo-yoing but it should be 639 from last reporting

I just want to get to that "Good" credit theresold sometimes in 2016 and then go from there Smiley Happy I'm happy that my GF already is in "Good" credit zone 660-688 scores (never filed for BK thou') I know some of recent BK filers (around the same time as me) got better scores now 660+ so that's why I'm hoping to reach that milestone sooner.

Oh one more thing....

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays! Here's hoping all of us credit rebuilders gets a better year 2016! Smiley Wink

Merry Xmas.  Never BK'd, but messed up my credit royally 5-6 years ago.  When I got on forum in January my TU was 611, EQ and EX were much worse, but don't remember the scores.  I'm done applying  for the next 6-9 months.  The secured cards helped me.  What still hurts my scores is the last collection still on my report,   the lates I had 4 years ago, and not getting my UTI under 10%. Have to admit that I had to buy new furniture this December, so my UTI went from 11% to 14%, so I won't get my UTI under 10% until March.  Be very strategic in regards to what cards you apply for; my score might be higher if I hadn't fallen into the SCT trap.  Some people don't  recommend getting store cards, but I find benefit in the one's I have and I use all of them, and some provide good padding for me, especially as I am rebuiding also.  You have 3 tradelines, so only other thing is an installment loan to achieve maximum FICO scoring along with 1 card reporting less than 10%.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Time will heal your score, maybe get some secure cards and keep UTI around 10%.... A secure installment loan will hurt at first, but in time will get you to 660...
Be smart when you app for CC, go into to the Application forum for guidance ....at that score range you never knows what hurt and what helps... But time with revolvers and one installment will get you there ....The bankruptcy is what's holding you back do be patience....

Thanks Pacman,

Actually I refused to go to secured route (That was my last resort if unsecured would not approve me post BK!) I've gotten all unsecured Merrick Visa $600 (August), Barclay Rewards $1500 (October) and Discover IT $1600 last month. In addition to PLUS loan for my kid's college which is in defferment till May 2016 but I have been paying monthly since last Summer anyway.

I am thinking of applying JUST one more card to replace Merrick Visa because Merrick charges $72 annual fee which is due August so I prefer to have 3 cards maximum for good scoring purpose. The other 2 cards does not have AFs which is good.

I know BK is what is holding back and scores would rise eventually. I'm just hoping to reach MINIMUM 660 ;-)

Cheers!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Subject says it all LOL

Oh one more thing....

Merry Xmas.  Never BK'd, but messed up my credit royally 5-6 years ago.  When I got on forum in January my TU was 611, EQ and EX were much worse, but don't remember the scores.  I'm done applying  for the next 6-9 months.  The secured cards helped me.  What still hurts my scores is the last collection still on my report,   the lates I had 4 years ago, and not getting my UTI under 10%. Have to admit that I had to buy new furniture this December, so my UTI went from 11% to 14%, so I won't get my UTI under 10% until March.  Be very strategic in regards to what cards you apply for; my score might be higher if I hadn't fallen into the SCT trap.  Some people don't  recommend getting store cards, but I find benefit in the one's I have and I use all of them, and some provide good padding for me, especially as I am rebuiding also.  You have 3 tradelines, so only other thing is an installment loan to achieve maximum FICO scoring along with 1 card reporting less than 10%.

Thank you KayKay. I actually have 4 TLs (PLUS loan for my kid's college that was included in BK but paying monthly depite it's in Deferment till May 2016.

What's SCT?

I know people don't recommend store cards as I don't want them either.

Cheers!

Message 5 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Subject says it all LOL

Oh one more thing....

Thank you KayKay. I actually have 4 TLs (PLUS loan for my kid's college that was included in BK but paying monthly depite it's in Deferment till May 2016.

What's SCT?

Cheers!

Shopping Cart Trick

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Guide-To-Common-Abbreviations/m-p/224988?jump=true

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Subject says it all LOL

Oh one more thing....

What's SCT?

Cheers!

Then you're on the right track.  Keeping UTI down seems to be the only  thing for you to do.  Happy New Year.Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its certaily possible.Looks like you've got three revolving accounts, so you are good there. If you have no installment loans, then adding a secured personal loan will help a little. Now its just a matter of gardening and letting your accounts grow. Keep current on everything and as long as no derogs hit your reports after the BK you may see 660 before the end of the year.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Subject says it all LOL

Oh one more thing....

What's SCT?

Cheers!

Shopping Cart Trick

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Guide-To-Common-Abbreviations/m-p/224988?jump=true

Thanks gdale for the link and I'll bookmark it for future references Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Its certaily possible.Looks like you've got three revolving accounts, so you are good there. If you have no installment loans, then adding a secured personal loan will help a little. Now its just a matter of gardening and letting your accounts grow. Keep current on everything and as long as no derogs hit your reports after the BK you may see 660 before the end of the year.

Norman,

Does Parental Loan for Undergraduated Student (PLUS) loan that was included in BK but in deferment (till May 2016) and have been paying monthly since last summer anyway help as an installment loan?

Cheers!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.