Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance to goodwill Cap 1 late?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any chance to goodwill Cap 1 late?

my old cap 1 account

2 30, 1 60, 1 90, 1 120,1 150 lates.  Remarks "Account paid for less than full balance Charged off account"

this is only reporting to EQ

myfico EQ

myfico EQ mortgage score

let say i wait out the full 7 years, is it from the date it was opened/last reported/last payment?

opened Oct 27, 2010

Last reported Sep 02, 2012

Last payment May 01, 2012

my plan is to get a mortgage sometimes early next year

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any chance to goodwill Cap 1 late?

@Anonymous wrote:

my old cap 1 account

2 30, 1 60, 1 90, 1 120,1 150 lates.  Remarks "Account paid for less than full balance Charged off account"

myfico EQ

myfico EQ mortgage score

let say i wait out the full 7 years, is it from the date it was opened/last reported/last payment?

opened Oct 27, 2010

I have been trying a GW. I have 3 - 30 day lates on 3 Cap1 cards. They are my only lates on my account. I have been trying GW since november and I am not having any luck. But I still keep trying.

Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

my old cap 1 account

myfico EQ

myfico EQ mortgage score

opened Oct 27, 2010

Since the account is a CO it will remain on file for up to 7.5 yrs from the DoFD that immediately preceeds the CO (the 30 day late that leads to the CO). The CRAs will typically remove them at the 7 yr mark so they remain well within the law. Your best chance of GW from Cap-1 is in the last year of it reporting and it must be a paid in full or settled for less CO. If this is not reporting monthly its effect on your Fico score lessens with each passing month. I would keep trying GW at a rate of at least once every few months.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

my old cap 1 account

myfico EQ

myfico EQ mortgage score

opened Oct 27, 2010

Since the account is a CO it will remain on file for up to 7.5 yrs from the DoFD that immediately preceeds the CO (the 30 day late that leads to the CO). The CRAs will typically remove them at the 7 yr mark so they remain well within the law. Your best chance of GW from Cap-1 is in the last year of it reporting and it must be a paid in full or settled for less CO. If this is not reporting monthly its effect on your Fico score lessens with each passing month. I would keep trying GW at a rate of at least once every few months.

so is there a way i can figure out when this will fall off my report? i am a bit confused

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

my old cap 1 account

myfico EQ

myfico EQ mortgage score

opened Oct 27, 2010

so is there a way i can figure out when this will fall off my report? i am a bit confused

Yes look in the monthly payment history for this (or something close to it)  30 60 90 120 120 CO  that 30 day entry is the DoFD, if you get your CRs by mail directly from the CRAs they will show the DoFD or the scheduled drop off date. By law the DoFD must be reported to the  CRA as its what they use to figure out when it should be excluded from your report.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.