Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any experience with MRS associates?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any experience with MRS associates?

I've been trying to look up other similar cases to mine.

I found a post by someone on another website who was in almost my exact situation. They owed money to Chase, they got a letter from MRS giving them a settlement amount, but MRS had not posted to their CRs and did not actaully own the debt, they were just hired to help collect.

The post was made back in 2009... so idk if MRS has changed their practices, but they said:

"Now a CA by the name of MRS Associates has been assigned to the account. They do not own the account. They offered me a settlement of around $1600, which I would gladly do if the account will be marked payed in full or deleted

They said they do not report to the credit bureau. I told them I know that but Chase does and they are negotiating with Chase to settle my account. The supervisor told me that is not how it works."

If this is true, MRS does not report to the CRA's then I'd love to call and set-up a payment plan to pay the account in full. I know this won't get rid of the CO from Chase, but I could pay the debt easily and not have a collection added to my account...

Anyone have a CA hired to collect a debt, but they did not own the debt? Did it report to your CRs?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any experience with MRS associates?

This is not uncommon, there are a number of "hired gun" type CA's that do not report, they figure the OC reporting is bad enough I geuss.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any experience with MRS associates?

oh perfect. Smiley Happy

I don't have the money to pay Chase in full, and from what I've read they don't do payment plans for COs. So making payments on the account through MRS, but not having it report would be great.

I won't get my hopes up. I'll give them a call next week (my paycheck this week has already been designated to mortage and other nessecities) and see.

Thank you for replying!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.