cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any experience with capitalone.com/solutions ?

tag
soxcited
New Contributor

Any experience with capitalone.com/solutions ?

Hi just received this email regarding my old Cap1 account which shows as charged off in my report. Anyone has any experience with this site? I have not logged in. 

"...Want to schedule payments and check the balance on your account without picking up the phone? Now there’s a solution: www.capitalone.com/solutions

Visit this secure site and enjoy the freedom to access your account when and where you want. You will need your 16-digit account number to log in. If you do not remember your account number, please call 1-866-321-7610 for assistance.

Go now to get the convenience, control, and flexibility you deserve."

Starting Score: 540
Current Score: 706
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
soxcited
New Contributor

Re: Any experience with capitalone.com/solutions ?

Hi All, I am getting ready to make a payment so if you have any suggestions/concerns etc regarding please let me know. I need advice.

I was able to log onto my account through the above website. The account is showing a balance and it lists a CA as who it was being serviced by.

I am leaning toward making a payment since I am in the Cap1 system. But  I am wondering whether Capi1 will update

my reports or will it show up as I paid a CA? In my CR, OC is reporting not the CA. Any ideas on how will they report, as paid/closed?

I am including the disclosures for your review in case you would notice something and suggest me not to pay. Thanks for any advice/input. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Important Collections Disclosures:

1. Who We Are and Who We Service. Capital One Services, LLC is a subsidiary of Capital One, National Association, and services the following Capital One affiliated companies:
• Capital One Bank (USA), National Association;
• Capital One, National Association; and
• Capital One Auto Finance, Inc.  
The name of your creditor has been previously disclosed to you. Unless another servicer is shown under your Current Account Information, or has been separately disclosed to you as the current servicer of your Account, we are the current servicer of your Account.
2. State and Local Disclosures. The following disclosure is required by state or local law if your Account involves a debt owed primarily for personal, family, household or other consumer purpose(s), and you receive this disclosure in Connecticut, the District of Columbia, Iowa, New York City, North Carolina or Vermont:

This is an attempt to collect a (consumer) debt (claim). Any information obtained will be used for that purpose.
The following disclosure is required by state law if your Account involves a debt owed primarily for personal, family, household or other consumer purpose(s) and you receive this disclosure in Iowa:
This communication is from a debt collector.
The following disclosure is required by state law if your Account involves a debt owed primarily for personal, family, household or other consumer purpose(s) and you receive this disclosure in Massachusetts:
NOTICE OF IMPORTANT RIGHTS: YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE A WRITTEN OR ORAL REQUEST THAT TELEPHONE CALLS REGARDING YOUR DEBT NOT BE MADE TO YOU AT YOUR PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT. ANY SUCH ORAL REQUEST WILL BE VALID FOR ONLY TEN DAYS UNLESS YOU PROVIDE WRITTEN CONFIRMATION OF THE REQUEST POSTMARKED OR DELIVERED WITHIN SEVEN DAYS OF SUCH REQUEST. YOU MAY TERMINATE THIS REQUEST BY WRITING TO THE CREDITOR.
The terms used in this Section are defined by applicable state or local law. This is not a complete list of the rights that you might have.
3. Bankruptcy. If you are entitled to bankruptcy protections for your Account, the information on this site is only for informational purposes. It is not an attempt to collect, assess or recover a debt or claim. Do not send in any payments without speaking with your bankruptcy attorney or the Bankruptcy Court. If you want to discuss your Account or your bankruptcy proceeding, please have your attorney contact us or the servicer listed under your Current Account Information. 

4. Interest and Charges Continue to Accrue. All stated amounts are owed as of today's date.  Because interest, late charges, and other charges might change from day to day as provided in your agreement, the amount due on the day you pay may be larger. For example, if you pay the amount stated, your Account might still have a balance after your payment is received.
5.Time Period for Payment or Other Action. Unless a specific date is provided, any time period for your payment or other action begins on today's date.
6. IRS Reporting of Debt Forgiveness. If we cancel or forgive $600 or more of principal on a debt you owe, we must provide a 1099-C tax form to you and the IRS. Please consult your tax advisor and the instructions accompanying your tax forms for more information.

Message 2 of 12
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I have a few questions...

Is the Cap 1 acct showing as a CO on your reports?

Does it also show the "solutions" acct (as in the collection section of cap 1)?

When was the last time you paid? (mm/yyyy)

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 12
soxcited
New Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

I have a few questions...

Is the Cap 1 acct showing as a CO on your reports?

Yes

Does it also show the "solutions" acct (as in the collection section of cap 1)?

In my reports only Cap 1 shows this account as revolving/charge-off/closed, CA not reporting.

When was the last time you paid? (mm/yyyy)

06/2006.

Message 4 of 12
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Can you PIF?  I know that Cap 1 is a tough nut to crack, but every 5 years or so they give someone a GW!!

What's your DOFD?  That would be the first 30 day late leading up to the CO.  It will likely be around Jan 06-ish.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received the same letter and when I called, They gleefully told me I had called the right place for solutions and then was told "oops, we can't help you, We are sending you out to a third party collector (you are in a holding pattern)(BY THE WAY I RECEIVED THE LETTER IN TODAY'S MAIL. They insinuated that I got the letter over a month ago. ) And you can deal with their "solution". The letter is a hoax and there was NO solution available for me. Why send a letter if we can't reach an agreement. Very poor business taste. And yes I know, I owe them money but I am disappointed that this is BS.   Good luck to the rest of you. For those of you that went down like I did in this depression, don't look to Capitol One for any help or understanding.....Its Funny how Capitol one got all this money from the government and then they pull this. Don't send letters offering to help when in fact its not true. VERY BAD EXPERIENCE AND ONE VERY RUDE PERSON FROM CAPITOL ONE....

Message 6 of 12
Heavanly1
Regular Contributor

I am in the same situation. I have a charged off Capital One account that is being "serviced" by a collection agency.

I sent Capital One a certified letter asking to reach a settlement agreement with the charged off account. They sent me a letter asking me to contact the CA as they were servicing the account. (only Capital One is reporting on my credit report witha balance which means they still own the account). I was then sent a debt collector letter from the CA. I sent them two certified mail DV letters and never received a response. I finally contacted Capital One directly who pulled up my account and then transferred me to the CA.

My assumption is that the CA is an in-house operation. I set up payment arrangements with the CA but only agreed to submit payments through the Capital One solutions website. They were perfectly okay with this arrangement. They also told me that Capital One would be updating my credit report as the payments were received, not them. As I started making the payments, I started receiving statements listing the payments received directly from Capital One.

Message 7 of 12
notmyj
Regular Contributor

Did I get lucky with CapOne? I sent them a GW at the begining of Sept, and received a letter on 9/16/10 that said after reviewing my acct, they have deleted the trade line from all CRA's. Poof, just like that it was gone. I sent them another letter to the same address to get the other one deleted via GW on 9/17/10. Hoping for similar results.....

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 8 of 12
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

Hmmm... this is interesting and related.  Maybe I can get some advice on my situation?

I also had a Capital One card go sour in March of 2006.  I ended up settling with them, the OC (CapOne), in January of 2007.  I didnt know anything about credit so i took the offer and paid the partial balance as a settlement.  Now the account shows a balance of $0.00 but "Settled; less than full balance".  Fast forward to last month (late Aug I applied for a new card from Capital One.  They gave me a new CC.

So is there anything I can do with the old one?  It's definitely hurting me a bit with the bad months of (30, 60, 90, 120, 120, KD, KD, KD, KD, KD, KD)

A little note about this.  They called my ex girlfriends parents and told them all about the debt, who I was, what they needed from me, etc etc.  Released all sorts of information to someone I barely knew.  I to this day have NO clue how they got that number...  but I threatened to sue them unless they agreed to delete the account after payment.  NO I didnt get it in writing ( I knew nothign about this stuff!)  So needless to say i never received the letter agreeing to PFD that they said they would send.

What actions, if any, should I take?

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

chase bank has really worked with me much eaiser that captiol one r debts that captiol one has

@soxcited wrote:

can log in to the solutions site......
Capitol ONe is not a ver user friendly service and not willing to work with me.......No charge offs for me and was told they just could not helo  me.....i dont understand with all the money they recieve from the government for bad debts and there is no help when i had been curent and even early all the time and them late one time and the  interest just up to over 20% and when i called about it i was told that there is nothing they tcan fo to help.... being on time all that time is not considered...

very disspointed in how i was treated

Hi just received this email regarding my old Cap1 account which shows as charged off in my report. Anyone has any experience with this site? I have not logged in. 

"...Want to schedule payments and check the balance on your account without picking up the phone? Now there’s a solution: www.capitalone.com/solutions

Visit this secure site and enjoy the freedom to access your account when and where you want. You will need your 16-digit account number to log in. If you do not remember your account number, please call 1-866-321-7610 for assistance.

Go now to get the convenience, control, and flexibility you deserve."

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.