cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any experience with stellar collections agency?

tag
space10
Established Member

Any experience with stellar collections agency?

Hi, I am new here. I recently joint myFICO and was able to increase my score by 40 points just by updating some accounts. As soon as I joined I received an alert that stellar collections company had two new collections on my report one a day after the other. I called and found out that they do collections for comcast. I called comcast and they said I left a balance on my account before I moved a while back, so I paid them. How do I get these collections off my report? Also, since they are reporting two collections for the same account, is this something I should dispute?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Any experience with stellar collections agency?

Paying the debt, either to the OC or the debt collector, is not basis for requiring deletion of any reporting made by either.

You need to request GW deletion.

Reporting of two collections by the same debt collector on the same debt is clearly improper.

You can attempt to get both removed by your informal GW requests.

Since GW requests can be ignored or declined, to put the debt collector under a statutory period to correct the improper double reporting of the same collection, you would file a disptue, either through the CRA or directly with the debt collector.  In your situation, I would dispute through the CRA, as the double reporting appears on its face to be improper, and the CRAs have the authority under their reinvestigation rights to delete without it being initiated by the debt collector.

Message 2 of 3
space10
Established Member

Re: Any experience with stellar collections agency?

Thank you Robert. I disputed the account on my credit report stating that I had already paid this account to the original creditor and the acccount was removed from my credit report! I had a boost to my credit report of 34 points! From 610 to 634!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.