Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any goodwill letter advice for Barclay?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any goodwill letter advice for Barclay?

Any advice when contacting Barclay? When I called, they told me to write to their PO Box for Credit Disputes.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Any goodwill letter advice for Barclay?

@Anonymous wrote:

Any advice when contacting Barclay? When I called, they told me to write to their PO Box for Credit Disputes.

Thanks

I would be sending the GW letter to the office of their USA CEO always best to go right to the top. Good luck and welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to worsen your hopes, but I emailed them a GW letter with no luck. I received an very friendly email from there to which it got turned over to another person. Received an email from her to set a time up to talk. Talked with her for a few minutes and she had stated that she will push this as high as it can go to get me an answer. Called me back 2 days later and told me that they could not legally change accurately reported information on a credit report. I emailed Anthony Jenkins to start off with. Going to continue this every couple weeks in hopes they will be tired of seeing my name and remove it .

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got a reply back telling me that "by law" they cannot remove the deliquency and told me that if there was any possible way they could remove it, they would.

However, I told them that the reason why I didn't pay was because of an auto pay issue. They told me they would investigate and to call back in couple days.

Where in the law does it say that its not illegal to remove deliquency.

Thanks

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It might have to do with they have to "Accurately" report, and by accuracys sake you are delinquent? I'm just guessing here though. WOuld like to know too

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure. I told her there was no law stating they could not remove. But had to accurately report. She didnt go into specifics. Then I told him that it was a deminimus amount charge and that the error really occured due to me setting up autopay but not getting it to work. She just stated that she would look into it and get back to me.

I guess nothing left to do other than hope and wait....

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG SHE AGREED TO REMOVE MY DELIQUENCIES!!!!

SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!

I am so glad I found this site!!!! For some reason my Credit Karma scores are 780+ but my Fico is 703... How big of a jump do you think removing this only blemish on my credit score will have on my fico?

Thanks guys!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats man! Wish I was able to get mine done. Here is the email I sent her after we had talked the first time..

Royce,

I appreciate the time you took to talk with me this evening. I just want to add something if I may. I looked up some info and it is not illegal to delete the reporting of any accounts. Just says creditors are required to maintain its accuracy, but are not prohibited under the FCRA from deleting accurate information.  Deletion of an account leaves no reporting, and thus there is no possible inaccuracy in its reporting.

I know with what I am asking is something out of the ordinary, and I wish I was not put in the position I was handed. At the time, I did not know what else to do as this really caught me off guard. I just hope there is something you could do for me.

Thanks again,

I dont know, maybe it sounded like I was trying to cheat.
Message 8 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

OMG SHE AGREED TO REMOVE MY DELIQUENCIES!!!!

SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!

I am so glad I found this site!!!! For some reason my Credit Karma scores are 780+ but my Fico is 703... How big of a jump do you think removing this only blemish on my credit score will have on my fico?

Thanks guys!

Grats  Smiley Happy

On your other post there is no law that says they cant remove a derog, what the law states is if they report it they must report accurate info so they can choose to leave a month as unreported if they choose to do so.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.