cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any help please

tag
awdtsi98

Any help please

hello everyone, in my short time here i wanted to thank a few members for assisting me with my questions so quickly! This is an awesome place Smiley Happy

I recently started working to repair my credit, mostly because im finally thinking ahead instead of in the moment with my spending. 

I have a crappy score.. somewhere between 550-560 overall.. I have 5 open accounts, atleast 3 of them should be coming up as paid within the next two weeks.

My major killer on my credit is my school loan, us dept hit me report 10 different times. I am finally making good with them as well and after the 9th on time payment they agreed to change the status to current or something like that on my report.

Im very curious, what are some good things to do from here aside from chipping old debt? I have 8 inquiries from various credit card companies over the span of 9-10 years and recently was declined for a capital one card.. I would like to avoid more hard pulls for now! I am also in process of disputing the dreaded EOS CCA for a bill from ATT, they havent yet responded so if someone has a good contact for them can you pm it to me?

What are some ways aside from beating down old debt or major cards that i can improve my credit??

Are there any guarenteed approval cards for guys with my credit out there so i dont put any more usueless hits? 

Thanks ahead for any advice guys, im open to anything i want to speed up the process

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Any help please

Secured CCs is the way for you to build credit. I would become a member of State Dept FCU and get their secured CC, there is no HP if you have the money in savings and open it by phone. I would also check with some local CUs to see if they have secured visa or m/c available as well.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.