cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas on how big of an impact I can expect on score?

tag

Any ideas on how big of an impact I can expect on score?

i had a begining my fico score of 608 on 8/11/13. I am at 623 now a month later. Just looking for an opinion on what possible impact I can expect on my score over the next few months. I currently have 7 accounts in collections, 5 of which will fall of in the next six months and the other 2 i am negotiating PFD with. So within 6 mos all negative should be gone.  I have a 7 year credit history, no credit cards, and 4 personal loans that range in term from 9 months to 12 months. I would like to get an unsecured credit card within the next month so i have some revolving credit. 

I guess my question is anyone have a similar situation and know what I can expect? i am fairly new to score monitoring. I am looking to finance a new car as soon as the   collections(medical) are gone if this is even possible. But with not stellar reportable monthly income at  about $1750 per month gross I am a bit worried if my score isn't up it just won't happen. My husband's income is $2860 gross per month but he has zero credit and I doubt he would agree to sign with me for his income to count because he likes not to owe for any "credit" related things. Which is why he has nothing on his report now.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Any ideas on how big of an impact I can expect on score?

You definitely need revolving credit.  That will help your score temendously.  Most will see a bump in score when the new account is reported.  Never let it report at a 0 balance, always 9% or below.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.