Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas on how to deal with these 2 co's? Target and Orchard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any ideas on how to deal with these 2 co's? Target and Orchard

I have 2 CO's on my credit. A target and an orchard bank. Amounts are $5xx.00 and $8xx.00. Both CO happened late '09 so they are both still in SOL. OC is only one reporting on my credit for both. I was contacted by a CA for Target once, sent DV and never heard back from them.

I was originally planning on waiting until SOL is up and then start working on them, but I think I should take advantage of the fact there is no CA listed on my reports. I have found a few people by searching who said they were able to reopen their Target card after paying it off, but then most people said that was untrue. I also read both of these are unlikely to do PFD's.

Anyone had experience with either of these creditors?

What would you do if you were me? Try and settle? And then later dispute the TL? Try and rehabilitate (I think that is the correct term) and see if they will reopen? Leave it alone until I hear from a CA?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any ideas on how to deal with these 2 co's? Target and Orchard

Hi harmstrong523, and welcome aboard! Smiley Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 2 CO's on my credit. A target and an orchard bank. Amounts are $5xx.00 and $8xx.00. Both CO happened late '09 so they are both still in SOL. OC is only one reporting on my credit for both. I was contacted by a CA for Target once, sent DV and never heard back from them.

I was originally planning on waiting until SOL is up and then start working on them, but I think I should take advantage of the fact there is no CA listed on my reports. I have found a few people by searching who said they were able to reopen their Target card after paying it off, but then most people said that was untrue. I also read both of these are unlikely to do PFD's.

Anyone had experience with either of these creditors?

What would you do if you were me? Try and settle? And then later dispute the TL? Try and rehabilitate (I think that is the correct term) and see if they will reopen? Leave it alone until I hear from a CA?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Ouch. From what I've read as well, Target & Orchard are next to impossible to PFD or goodwill. BUT, you'll never know for certain unless you try. If you have the money to PIF, I'd do so ASAP, before a CA gets added as well. You can certainly try for a PFD, but I wouldn't risk it going to a CA if it can be avoided. Perhaps you can make 1 or 2 solid attempts to reach a sympathetic ear in the corporate offices, offering to PIF for a deletion, but otherwise get it paid ASAP.

The good news is that you can attempt goodwill 'til the cows come home. There have been some (not many) successful reports in the past. You can be as creative and persistent as you like with a goodwill request.

As far as paying and later disputing-- what would you be disputing? Is the tradeline reporting correctly, or not?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.