Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas on this GEMB/Old Navy?

tag
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

Any ideas on this GEMB/Old Navy?

I had an account with GEMB/Old Navy that went to chargeoff in 2009 when my husband lost his job.  They sold the debt to Midland Credit Manangement and without devluging any details, that account went away to my favor.  I have tried to call GEMB and they won't talk about this account and say I have to call MCM.  I haven't called them in a year or so.  They are reporting the debt as a Bad Debt/Chargeoff and also as a sold account. Is there anything I can do to get this removed?  I can't pay them because they won't talk to me.  Do I just have to live it for the next so many years???

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Any ideas on this GEMB/Old Navy?

If the OC (GEMB) is reporting a $0 balance then the account was sold, and since it's reporting as sold, then you will have to work with the CA.You can try to send a GW letter but IMO, OC's are harder to remove then CA's.

When a CO from an OC reports it dings your CS,when a CA also reports on the same debt, that is an additional ding to your CS.

Since this is fairly a recent debt (about 2yrs old) you may see a nice jump if the CA is removed,if Midland is reporting.

I would suggest if you have the funds, send a DV  and if verfied send a PFD letter.

For more info check out What Steps Do I Take?DV?PFD?

The OC will stay on your CR 7yrs from the DoFD and the CA 7.5yrs from the OC's DoFD.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.