Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas why my score went up?

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Any ideas why my score went up?

Had an 11pt score increase.  Could this be from the 3 paid medicals being removed?  I just got the email saying they would remove in the 26th.  Would it happen that fast?  I was expecting them to be removed with in a 30 day window.  I have been making small payments on all my cards so no drastic decrease there.  I had one cc go up by $100 CLI and I added a $250 card to my line up, initial 3pt drop from that one.  I don't think I have anything that was due to come off from the 7 year mark.  Any ideas?

Your FICO® score went up on a day when there were no credit alerts on your Equifax Credit Report. This can happen if:

• The balances on one or more of your credit accounts decreased. In general, less debt is better for your score.
  • The credit limit on one or more of your credit accounts increased. Larger credit limits tend to help your FICO® scores if your balances remain the same.
  • Negative information on your credit report, such as a bankruptcy, collection, or record of a late payment, was removed because it was more than 7 years old (or 10 years old in the case of a bankruptcy).
  • Negative information on your credit report is not harming your FICO® score as much as before because it is now older. Past negative credit behavior, like missing payments or defaulting on loans, are offset over time by more recent history of credit responsibility.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Relentless

Re: Any ideas why my score went up?

This is why I pay to see daily credit report refreshes on TU, EQ, and EX. The not knowing would drive me crazy. Once I hit the 700's, I'll stop paying for them.

Message 2 of 12
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I can't afford all those memberships. 

Message 3 of 12
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

1st of all..Congrats on the 11 points!!!

2nd: your small steps could be the reason for the jump. : I have been making small payments on all my cards so no drastic decrease there.  I had one cc go up by $100 CLI and I added a $250 card to my line up, initial 3pt drop from that one.

Credit Balances are the fastest way to increase or drop a score.

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 4 of 12
Shellie
Valued Contributor

If that's the case maybe I can expect another raise in score after those three paid medicals get removed.

Message 5 of 12
Shellie
Valued Contributor

There really isn't a way to find out if those came off with out buying a whole new report is there?  Can I call the CRA's using the conf#'s from the ACR.com reports I just got last month to see?  I don't want to have to get new reports yet. 

Message 6 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Do you even need a current report to call and ask them if so and so is reporting?

Message 7 of 12
Shellie
Valued Contributor

No idea.  But I went to the CRA websites and requested a new report due to being turned down for credit in the past 60 days and was able to get a updated report for free.  I'll take it.

Message 8 of 12
Shellie
Valued Contributor

So far it looks like those have already been removed.  I'm guessing that the 11pt increase was from those being removed.

Message 9 of 12
Shellie
Valued Contributor

It's odd to me that EQ shows 0 collections account for me.  I don't have my reports that I pulled in Nov to compare but I'm fairly sure that at that time all 3 CRA matched almost exactly.  EX looks to be accurate.  Haven't went to TU yet. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.