Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas?

tag
Gerri
New Contributor

Any ideas?

Hi everyone, I have finally gotten my scores up and most baddies removed.  I have a paid judgment from 2011 as my only baddie left.  I have one open credit card with less than 1% utilization.  I have a mortgage and a HELOC that are both current.  I also have a car payment that is current.  I wonder if it would be possible to get my score up above the 730s it is now or if the paid judgment makes that impossible?  I had thought maybe I need more revolving credit but am not sure.  Any ideas? Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas all!

Starting Score: 599
Current Score: EQ-739,TU-738
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any ideas?

3-5 open lines of revolving credit is whats generally recommended.

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What is the principal amount on the HELOC?  They are strange birds under FICO scoring.

While technically a revolving line of credit, depending upon the amount, a HELOC can be scored as either revolving or installment under FICO.  I believe the cutoff is around 35K.

FICO likes to see at lease two revolvings....

Message 3 of 6
Gerri
New Contributor

Thanks to both of you! Robert, my HELOC is 13000 with a line of 37000.  It is listed as installment under the breakdown here at FICO.  It sounds like I need to try to get another card to balance me out.  I am thinking that since I shop at Walmart all of the time that I might apply for that card to have 2 revolving accounts.  Maybe I will see a score increase after a while and I would also get my TU fico score monthly with the statement.

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Gerri wrote:

Hi everyone, I have finally gotten my scores up and most baddies removed.  I have a paid judgment from 2011 as my only baddie left.  I have one open credit card with less than 1% utilization.  I have a mortgage and a HELOC that are both current.  I also have a car payment that is current.  I wonder if it would be possible to get my score up above the 730s it is now or if the paid judgment makes that impossible?  I had thought maybe I need more revolving credit but am not sure.  Any ideas? Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas all!

I would look into getting that judgment vacated on grounds its been paid, this would remove it from your CRs pretty quick.

Message 5 of 6
Gerri
New Contributor

That is a great idea dale, unfortunately my state doesn't allow the vacation of a judgment based on payment.  It can only be changed to satisfied😂😂

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.