Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any luck with Macys Goodwills?

tag
lethalweapon
Established Member

Any luck with Macys Goodwills?

Hi Folks-- I've been goodwilling Macys for the life of me and they will not budge. I have a chargeoff from 2006. It is slated to come of Feb 2013, but I need it off sooner. Can you guys share your successful goodwill stories and tips?  I'm going to fight until I can't fight anymore.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
symphonix

Re: Any luck with Macys Goodwills?

Wow. I just came to these forums to research this as well. I have never written a GW letter before, but Macy's is my first destination since I have a 5 year old closed Macy's card with 120 late showing on there. I have read that calling their NAC department may help delete the lates from your credit history. This is what I am going to try to do first before sending out numerous GW letters.

Message 2 of 35
esme
Regular Contributor

I recently was able to get Macy's agree to delete some late payments from my credit card history with them. I emailed them and explained what happened in my life to cause me to fall behind on payments (in my case it was attorney's fees for my divorce in 2009), they responded to my email with a number to call them, and the person who answered the phone got immediate approval from his supervisor to delete. They even faxed me a letter in writing saying that they would delete the lates for a specific timeframe.

I am going to PM both of you the email address and the phone number I called. Good luck!

Starting Scores: EQ 582 TU 584 EX 615 (FICO - Lender Pulled) 1/4/2012
Current Scores:EQ 632 TU 698 EX 669 (Lender Pulled) 3/17/2012
Goal Scores:700 club here we come!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would love a pm for macys as well! I have ahd the acccount for 6 years with (3) 30 day lates

Message 4 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to have Macy's remove a late payment 30 day over the phone. I called about 10 times in 5 months and finally got to a person who removed the history. The letters didn't help me but the phone calls did!

Message 5 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please PM me with the e-mail address as well? It would be greatly appreciated.

Message 6 of 35
kaylord84
Frequent Contributor

Can I have a pm for the email also

Starting Score: Eq 485 TU 467 Ex 400 BK filed Dec 2016
Current Score: Eq 723 TU 665 Ex 682
Goal Score: 700 All 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have  CO with Macy's for a lousy $215 *hangs head in shame* I am debating contacting them, if they agreed I would pay it off immediately, heck I'll give them interest for any trouble I caused. But I'm worried they'll say no and it could impact any kind of dispute in the future, I'm in the process of disputing it now....I guess varify is the nice way to put it. It would save Macy's and I both the trouble, I pay and go away and they get their money and don't have to keep doing investigations.

Message 8 of 35
ms_brownbuttafly

Re: Any luck with Macy's Goodwills?

Don't feel bad, I also have Macy's for a lousy $219 from 2007 and Bloomingdale's for $571.  That's about when life fell apart.   Now I'm trying to recover.  Please PM the number as well, not sure what the best approach would be..I was thinking about a settlement offer letters in exchange for a delete or just simply giving them a call to negotiate.  Would this be two separate calls...I believe they are the same bank.

Starting Score: 590
Current Score: 583 after two recent inquiries that led to Approval's with NFCU and ORCHARD BANK both Unsecured
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 35
cubuilding

Hi there,

Would you mind PM'ing me the Macys phone number and email that you used as well?  Thanks so much. 

Starting Score: TU 604
Current Score: EX 719
Goal Score: All CB 800 (07/2018)

MY WALLET: AMEX BCE 13 K | Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card 9 K | CapOne Venture Rewards 5.5K | CapOne QuickSilver 3.7K | Discover IT 3.2K | AMEX HH 2K

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.