cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any member of Navy Fed CU want to Adopt me?

tag
taskforce971
Valued Member

Re: Any member of Navy Fed CU want to Adopt me?

Join the Marine Corps, they'll take good care of you and let you become a member of NFCU. Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 36
tommy999

Does anyone know if I would qualify if my father was a vet? But he died last month.  He received purple heart, bronze star, and was in Vietnam.  I saw that they allow siblings with a parent that receives a pension still.  I don't really know what that means.   he didn't receive a pension but he did receive VA disability benefits for being wounded in action.  My stepmom now receives those benefits, and she does not live in my household.

Any thoughts, or anyone might know? NFCU really does sound like the best of the best of CU's  Smiley Happy.   I know I can get into Pentagon FCU but I would rather Navy F

Message 22 of 36
taskforce971
Valued Member

If your dad was in the service you're eligible for memebership at NFCU. Call them and ask for specifics as to what you'll need to establish eligibility. I assume that they'll ask for his DD-214. Either way you are eligible. Good luck!

Message 23 of 36
proudnavymom
Regular Contributor

My son is currently in the Navy and a member of NFCU.  I called to see if I could open an account and I could.  They didn't ask me for anything to prove I was his mother, but they may have noticed that we have the same address...I'm not sure.  They just asked me for his name and said he could sponsor me. We don't have the same last name.   Then I just had to send them a copy of my dl and ss card.

Starting Scores TU 7/30/09 FICO 493 EQ 9/5/10 FICO 477 EX 11/14/2011 (lender pull) 575
Current Scores TU 10/19/2018 FICO 671 EQ 12/21/2018 FICO 614 EX 5/31/2014 FICO 658
Goal Scores 700 across the board
Message 24 of 36
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Get me off this thread !! Please!!
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 25 of 36
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@2NE1 wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:
I called them tonight. They said there was no requirement for a certain length of time for the roommate to live with ya to be eligible. They need to show proof of residency such as drivers license, energy bill, phone bill etc with your address on it.

Awesome news! I was wondering what I needed to do! I found out last week that my aunt is a member thru her husband. Guess I gotta get my cell phone statements be sent to her address. 

You could try that, but generally a proof of residency is a utility bill such as electric, water, or landline telephone.  Cell phone or credit card statements don't usually count.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 26 of 36
tommy999

Does navy do any kind of credit pulls just for joining.   My credit will go up 60 points in the next 2 weeks.  Is there any benifit to waiting these 2 weeks for my credit to be at a high point.  Or do they do no hard/soft pull upon joining?

Message 27 of 36
proudnavymom
Regular Contributor

@tommy999 wrote:

Does navy do any kind of credit pulls just for joining.   My credit will go up 60 points in the next 2 weeks.  Is there any benifit to waiting these 2 weeks for my credit to be at a high point.  Or do they do no hard/soft pull upon joining?

When I opened my account a couple of months ago they did a hard pull.  I was planning on trying to open a secured cc with them in July, but called the next day to see if they could use that pull for my cc application, so I wouldn't have another pull in July.   They said that when they pull your credit to open an account it gives them different information than for a cc application so I decided to wait until July to apply.  I have also heard people say that they pull your credit for anything and it's always a hard pull, but have not had any experience with that yet.

Starting Scores TU 7/30/09 FICO 493 EQ 9/5/10 FICO 477 EX 11/14/2011 (lender pull) 575
Current Scores TU 10/19/2018 FICO 671 EQ 12/21/2018 FICO 614 EX 5/31/2014 FICO 658
Goal Scores 700 across the board
Message 28 of 36
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@proudnavymom wrote:

@tommy999 wrote:

When I opened my account a couple of months ago they did a hard pull.  I was planning on trying to open a secured cc with them in July, but called the next day to see if they could use that pull for my cc application, so I wouldn't have another pull in July.   They said that when they pull your credit to open an account it gives them different information than for a cc application so I decided to wait until July to apply.  I have also heard people say that they pull your credit for anything and it's always a hard pull, but have not had any experience with that yet.

When I joined it was for the sole purpose of getting a credit card.  I joined, put my $5 in the share savings and was approved for the card I wanted all with one hard pull.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 29 of 36
drcc2013
Valued Member

does your sponsor have to be a nfcu member or just active duty and you live in the same household

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.