cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any one else feel a bit of "credit" obsessed??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any one else feel a bit of "credit" OCD??

@JayTee1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it also okay to say that you have "credit" Downs or "credit" Autism? It's not like I'm super upset, but c'mon, that usage of OCD is pretty lame. I have mild OCD, though it was fairly bad when I was younger. If you've had it, you know it's not cute and silly. It's a serious anxiety disorder. If you're checking your credit in that way, maybe you should seek therapy.

I'm glad you brought this up.  I don't have OCD, but I know something about it, and I understand it can be a very, very debilitating condition.

I get tired of people throwing that term around as if it actually meant "intensely" or "seriously interested/concerned".  I'm especially sick of people gleefully exclaming their "ODC is kicking in!" when they start vacuuming or cleaning the kitchen.

I don't think anyone actually means they have OCD regarding their credit, and I think it's valid to point out that OCD doesn't actually mean what people think it means.  Overusage of the term may actually change that.

I actually have OCD regarding my credit and finances.

Message 31 of 39
Grafton88
Established Contributor

Re: Any one else feel a bit of "credit" Obsessed??

@Anonymous wrote:

I am sorry that I was insentive. My apolgies.

I honestly didnt mean it in a bad way and I honestly do see your point.

I updated the subject line.

Thank you Shannon.  Sometimes we don't realize how our innocent comments can be insensitive to others.  The spirit of these forums is to be respectful of each other.  Your appology is so refreshing in its sincerity.  I hope others can learn from it.

Message 32 of 39
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

I spend more time on the myfico forums than I do on facebook, twitter, and instagram combined....

I am definately obsessed. I spend so much time and sometimes money on viewing reports and getting alerts daily. 

Especially tradelines that aren't going to change overnight. Actually on my way to the stickies to find a back door number for Macys. 

-got to get that LAST baddie of my report!! 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 33 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@newmomnewme wrote:

I spend more time on the myfico forums than I do on facebook, twitter, and instagram combined....

I am definately obsessed. I spend so much time and sometimes money on viewing reports and getting alerts daily. 

Especially tradelines that aren't going to change overnight. Actually on my way to the stickies to find a back door number for Macys. 

-got to get that LAST baddie of my report!! 

I even get on CK even when I know it isn't going to update for a few more days. I'd be scared to see the amount of time I spend on this website and my financial websites combined. And the apps. Oh my.

Message 34 of 39
Mzjedwards1
Valued Member

Re: Any one else feel a bit of "credit" obsessed??

Hello- I too am a credit score checker junkie! Smiley Sadbut true!! Im able to rebuild now that my BK is a little older.. I have obtained a few cards but finally have taken enough hard inquires to wander into the garden finally. Im proud to be in the 600 club... and look forward to getting closer to 700 sooner than later. My goal is to finally get a decent unsecured card and a Victoria Secret Card.. I think VS is just toying with me.  I personally know people that have gotten that stupid pink card fresh out of BK, and they keep refusing me ... I wont apply anymore until next year..Its the principle of the thing now..lol and its one of my favorite stores...oh well   ..Capital 1 has been great so far and im hopeing they show me some love soon since I just made that wonderful 5th statement payment.  I check the free credit sites almost daily. I am disputing  any and everything that I can. Im glad im not the only one... Thank you for letting me vent!!Smiley Wink 

Garden Club Member" width="40" height="40" align="right">
Credit One Platinum $450 / Capital One Platinum: $500 / Wells Fargo Platinum: $300 /Kohls $300/ Fingerhut $500/ Total Visa $300/ Express $250/Quicksilver 500/Best Buy Visa 2000
621 Exp/675 TU/ 624 EQ.....Gardening until.........2018??
Message 35 of 39
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

yes yes yes yes yeeeees! : )

Message 36 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mzjedwards1 wrote:

Hello- I too am a credit score checker junkie! Smiley Sadbut true!! Im able to rebuild now that my BK is a little older.. I have obtained a few cards but finally have taken enough hard inquires to wander into the garden finally. Im proud to be in the 600 club... and look forward to getting closer to 700 sooner than later. My goal is to finally get a decent unsecured card and a Victoria Secret Card.. I think VS is just toying with me.  I personally know people that have gotten that stupid pink card fresh out of BK, and they keep refusing me ... I wont apply anymore until next year..Its the principle of the thing now..lol and its one of my favorite stores...oh well   ..Capital 1 has been great so far and im hopeing they show me some love soon since I just made that wonderful 5th statement payment.  I check the free credit sites almost daily. I am disputing  any and everything that I can. Im glad im not the only one... Thank you for letting me vent!!Smiley Wink 

The the shopping cart trick. Try often and evenually you will get  the preapproval pop-up, without a hard pull. Check these forums and web on shopping cart trick. VS is on the list. Good luck.

Message 37 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad I am not alone with the constant checking up on scores, as if they're going to change. I hate paying something off and then waiting (what feels like forever) before it reflects on my reports. Oh well. Gotta keep chugging alone. Marathon, not a sprint. Glad I stumbled upon this wonderful forum.

Message 38 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

...Thank goodness I am not the only one constantly counting days tracking scores and waiting for the moment I am able to pay my cc down more..!
Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.