Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any opinions on course of action....

tag
phix
New Contributor

Any opinions on course of action....

Hey Everyone,

I'm in the process of getting started with reparing my credit. I've been lurking for awhile and decided to get some advice. I just pulled my Transunion report (starting with them) and have the following negative items...

• MCSI - Collection Account ($250 - Ticket) - Item Removes 04/2014
  • Jefferson Capital System - Collection Account (Credit Card - Reward660 Visa) - Item removes on 06/2014 
  • First Bank of Delaware - Charge Off - (Credit Card) - Item removes on 09/2014  
  • Benefical Nat Bank USA - Charged Off - (Says sold to H.R. Block) - Item removes on 03/2015 
  • Moutain Lion Acquisition - Collection Account - (Says original creditor: Nobel Recovey Services) - Item removes 03/2015
  • Plains Commerce Bank - Charge Off - (Credit Card) - Item removes on 06/2015
  • American Collenction Corp - Collection Account ($147 - TCF Bank) - Item removes 09/2016
  • Stellar Recovery - Collection Account ($171 Dish Network) - Item removes 05/2017
  • Enhanced Recovery Company - Collection Account ($678 - Sprint) - Item removes 11/2017
  • EOS CCA - Collection Account ($1,629 - ATT) - Item removes 09/2016
  • I also have an auto loan with Car Max Auto Finance I paid off in 71 months, but had a few extensions and 5-6 late payments.

My goal is to get a mortgage as soon as humanely possible. I currently pay $1,850 a month to rent a house, which should be going to a mortgage payment! I know some of these items are listed on the other two reporting agencies, but figured I'd work my way through Transunion first.

Before deciding to do any payments, validations, etc. I want the opinion of everyone. I do have some good items on my account;

1. Capital One Auto Loan - 12-13 month payment history... no lates
  2. Capital One Credit Card (Old Orchard) - 22-24 month payment history... no lates... sadly 95-99% utl.... only $300
  3. Finger Hut - About 6-8 months payment history... no lates.... less than 20% utl.

What is my best course of action? My Experian and Equifax reports are about 4 to 6 months older than my current Transunion, but have all the same stuff on it.

FingerHut - $2,300 | Nordstrom Retail - $500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne - $500 | Credit One Bank Platinum - $450 | Victoria's Secret - $250

Current Scores: TU: 573, EX: 512, EQ: 584 (MPM Scores)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Re: Any opinions on course of action....

Personally, I think I would start with the most recent ones first and save the oldest for last. The more recent ones have a larger impact on your score and depending on your state, may still be within the statute of limitations for them to sue. Start with the newer ones that are smaller amounts and send out some PFD's. I would also avoid entering into payment plans just to be sure to not reset your statute of limitations.  Also start sending off GW's to that carmax account.  For the collections for larger amounts I would try to gather the largest lump sums I could come up with and try to PFD with a settlement.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.