cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any reason to or not to update Employer on CR?

tag
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Any reason to or not to update Employer on CR?

My CR shows my employer from like 6 years ago and I've had many jobs in between. Is there any particular reason, I should or should not update this information to my current employer?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: Any reason to or not to update Employer on CR?

@SamsungHDTV wrote:

My CR shows my employer from like 6 years ago and I've had many jobs in between. Is there any particular reason, I should or should not update this information to my current employer?

IMO don't see a need to do anything.  I don't think your creditors pay much attention to that.  Any creditors that you didn't pay might appreciate a update!

Message 2 of 4
js0319
Established Contributor

My CR's show jobs I had over 10 years ago. It really depends on what CRA's were used when you applied for credit, but that still doesn't mean the most current information is going to be updated. I would say that you shouldn't worry as to whether or not the correct current employer is listed.

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 3 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I would assume that anyone who pulls your CR would be able to see your employer info ~ this includes both creditors and CAs.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.