cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any specific advice or contacts for dealing with specific CAs and a few OCs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any specific advice or contacts for dealing with specific CAs and a few OCs?

Hi everyone,

I've just begun the process of rebuilding my credit. My goal within the next six months or so is to get to a position where I can obtain a small FHA mortgage (~$60k).

Currently my FICO score is about 595-600, and six accounts seem to be harming my score.

Four of these are past SOL:

- Asset Acceptance ($1700)

- Capital One ($1600 on a credit limit of $1000)

- GE MoneyBank / GECRB / Lenscrafters ($600)

- LVNV Funding ($700)

Two are not past SOL (those with the smallest balances):

- Midland ($150)

- Verizon Wireless ($110)

I also have several other accounts from student loan providers that are all in good standing, and a secured credit card from my bank.

Reading the forum threads, it seems to me that the general strategy for getting items removed is to begin with a DV, and move onto PFDs.

I've already sent DVs to Asset Acceptance (AA) and Midland (MCM). AA replied promptly, and I'm expecting a call from their Compliance team soon. Not sure what to expect there.

MCM sent me copies of previous bills from the OC. Since the balance is so low ($150), and it seems they're especially hard to deal with, I'm considering PIF, and then GW them (x2000) afterwards.

I'd be very appreciative of any specific strategies or contacts that you all have recently used in getting items from these agencies deleted. Thanks in advance for any PMs to help me conquer these marks, and happy holidays!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Any specific advice or contacts for dealing with specific CAs and a few OCs?

Hi and Welcome to the forums,

We try not to let threads slide by without  a reply, but it being christmas week things are kind of crazy.

I dont have any contacts for you, just use the ones from your CR's or use the search box for contact info.

Looks like you have done your homework and made a step by step plan, it  looks great to me.

That's the way to get the things in life you want. Good Luck to you!Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 7
maluba
Regular Contributor

Re: Any specific advice or contacts for dealing with specific CAs and a few OCs?

I'm also dealing with Midland and Asset Acceptance. Well, will be, I'm about to send out my letters this week. Good luck!

Starting Score: 588
Current Score: 610
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck to us both! Smiley Happy

I ended up PIF with Midland, and will just GW them. No news on AA... yet. ;-)

Message 4 of 7
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've just begun the process of rebuilding my credit. My goal within the next six months or so is to get to a position where I can obtain a small FHA mortgage (~$60k).

Currently my FICO score is about 595-600, and six accounts seem to be harming my score.

Four of these are past SOL:

- Asset Acceptance ($1700)  I battled these guys for a couple years had to go through the BBB to get them deleted

- Capital One ($1600 on a credit limit of $1000)

- GE MoneyBank / GECRB / Lenscrafters ($600)

- LVNV Funding ($700)

Two are not past SOL (those with the smallest balances):

- Midland ($150) I would start sending out PFD letters everyweek

- Verizon Wireless ($110)

I also have several other accounts from student loan providers that are all in good standing, and a secured credit card from my bank.

Reading the forum threads, it seems to me that the general strategy for getting items removed is to begin with a DV, and move onto PFDs.

I've already sent DVs to Asset Acceptance (AA) and Midland (MCM). AA replied promptly, and I'm expecting a call from their Compliance team soon. Not sure what to expect there.

MCM sent me copies of previous bills from the OC. Since the balance is so low ($150), and it seems they're especially hard to deal with, I'm considering PIF, and then GW them (x2000) afterwards.

I'd be very appreciative of any specific strategies or contacts that you all have recently used in getting items from these agencies deleted. Thanks in advance for any PMs to help me conquer these marks, and happy holidays!

I may have some alternate contacts on some of these CA's,  I'll check my comp when I get home and PM you what I have
Happy New Year

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I'd certainly appreciate those contacts. Smiley Happy

Happy New Year!

Message 6 of 7
Mish0817
Regular Contributor

I just sent Dvs to both of these CAs as well, yet the n balances my CR shows trumps yours with Asset, only Great thing on my side is they called me weeks ago demanding payment, I am past sol and I asked for validation via mail they sent me nothing Within the 5 day window so I sent them a more detailed unknown debt already in violation letter .  Guess we shall see....   Both CAs age off in the next 2 years Dofd me so I'm crossing my fingers for success 

Eq 675
TU 681
Ex your guess is as goodas mine!

Nfcu Cash Rewards 15000, Nfcu nRewards Mc 15000, Walmart 600, Target 400, VS 650,Capital one 3750, Us Bank 300, Discover 4500,Citi DP 1500, Chase Freedom 2000. And I'm done...... no more cards just going to tend my garden
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.