cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any success with removing items from credit report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any success with removing items from credit report?

I recently noticed on both of my Equifax and Transunion credit reports that they have me missing 7 payments in 2014 on the same AMEX charge card.  I called AMEX and they verified for me over the phone that I never missed a payment so I contacted both Trans and Eq about having the dings removed from my report.  They said it may take up to 30 days.  Has anyone had any succes with removing missed payments?  Does it always take a month? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any success with removing items from credit report?

If Amex is admitting fault I'd think they'd want to right the wrong ASAP.  All they need to do is fax a letter to the bureaus; it probably takes a CS person all of 5 minutes to do and then you're updated, correct information should show on your report(s) the next time you pull them.  I would just tell them that you're applying for a mortgage next week or something and very much need your account updated right away to reflect that you've been perfect with it prior to your credit reports being pulled next week. 

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I agree

The CRAs should not be changing or deleting reporting based on a call from the consumer.

The reporting should be updated by the creditor.

They have an obligation under FCRA 623(a)(2) to promptly update any prior reporting so as to maintain its current accuracy.

Once they agree that it is incorrect, it is their obligation to promptly update.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I opened cases with each crediting agency.  AMEX' attitude was that they did not know where those late payments came from and left it at that.  Obviously they came from AMEX since all three agencies had the same information.  Wish I tough-talked the operator a little in hindsight.  I will try calling them later today. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.