cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any successful MEDICAL PFD LETTERS Samples?

tag
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

Any successful MEDICAL PFD LETTERS Samples?

Hello I would like too know if you had any successful sample letters for medical bills, their is PFD samples but haven't found much for medical bills. Thanks
Samsung mobile
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Seb1010
New Contributor

Re: Any successful MEDICAL PFD LETTERS Samples?

I never had to send letters...I had several paid medical bills deleted with payment...it was faster for me & doesnt hurt to call and ask!

Message 2 of 3
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: Any successful MEDICAL PFD LETTERS Samples?

I was able to have a medical judgment removed from all three credit reports because it listed a medical provider's name, address and telephone number.  I wrote a letter to each credit bureau citing the FCRA citation below in red and requested that the item be removed.  It wasn't scheduled to be deleted until 2015 but I got it removed in 2012 using this process.  Good luck.

§ 605. Requirements relating to information contained in consumer reports [15 U.S.C. §1681c]
(a) Information excluded from consumer reports. Except as authorized under subsection (b)
of this section, no consumer reporting agency may make any consumer report containing
any of the following items of information:
(1) Cases under title 11 [United States Code] or under the Bankruptcy Act that, from the
date of entry of the order for relief or the date of adjudication, as the case may be,
antedate the report by more than 10 years.
5 The reporting periods have been lengthened for certain adverse information pertaining to U.S. Government
insured or guaranteed student loans, or pertaining to national direct student loans. See sections 430A(f) and
463(c)(3) of the Higher Education Act of 1965, 20 U.S.C. 1080a(f) and 20 U.S.C. 1087cc(c)(3), respectively.
6 This provision, added in September 1996, should read “paragraphs (4) and (5)....” Prior Section 605(a)(6)
was amended and re-designated as Section 605(a)(5) in November 1998. The current Section 605(a)(6), added in
December 2003 and now containing no reference to any 7-year period, is obviously inapplicable.
(2) Civil suits, civil judgments, and records of arrest that from date of entry, antedate the
report by more than seven years or until the governing statute of limitations has
expired, whichever is the longer period.
(3) Paid tax liens which, from date of payment, antedate the report by more than seven
years.
(4) Accounts placed for collection or charged to profit and loss which antedate the report
by more than seven years.5
(5) Any other adverse item of information, other than records of convictions of crimes
which antedates the report by more than seven years.5
(6) The name, address, and telephone number of any medical information furnisher that
has notified the agency of its status, unless--
(A) such name, address, and telephone number are restricted or reported using
codes that do not identify, or provide information sufficient to infer, the
specific provider or the nature of such services, products, or devices to a
person other than the consumer; or
(B) the report is being provided to an insurance company for a purpose relating to
engaging in the business of insurance other than property and casualty insurance.
(b) Exempted cases. The provisions of paragraphs (1) through (5) of subsection (a) of this
section are not applicable in the case of any consumer credit report

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.