Did you mean: 

Any suggestions? My lien is withdrawn, but the CRAs won't delete

tag
itgirl74
Frequent Contributor

Re: Any suggestions? My lien is withdrawn, but the CRAs won't delete

@LadyLeah wrote:

Crisis averted. 

I called TransUnion and they agreed to delete it from the credit file. 

The lesson I learned is that they do not really read the attachments you provide in a dispute. A follow-up call may be helpful when the results of the dispute are not favorable. All's well that ends well.

That's good to know. Equifax and Experian deleted a judgment when I disputed and sent proof it was vacated; TransUnion simply updated it to "Paid." I'll call and tell them to take a closer look.

Starting Score: EQ: 478 | EX: 499 | TU: 534 Current Score:EQ: 759 | EX: 805 | TU: 830 Goal Score: 800
Message 11 of 13
LadyLeah
Contributor

@itgirl74 wrote:

@LadyLeah wrote:

Crisis averted. 

I called TransUnion and they agreed to delete it from the credit file. 

The lesson I learned is that they do not really read the attachments you provide in a dispute. A follow-up call may be helpful when the results of the dispute are not favorable. All's well that ends well.

That's good to know. Equifax and Experian deleted a judgment when I disputed and sent proof it was vacated; TransUnion simply updated it to "Paid." I'll call and tell them to take a closer look.

Yes, definitely give them a call and ask for a supervisor. Make sure you tell them it was not just paid, but the judgment itself is VACATED, and therefore should not appear on your report at all. I hope it works in your favor!

Starting Score: 529 EQ | 551 TU | 614 EX | 579 TU FAKO as of 1/12/14
Current Score: 621 EQ | ??? TU | 614 EX | 618 TU FAKO as of 6/23/14
Short Term Goal Score: 650 across the board by 12/31/14

Long Term Goal Score: 720+ across the board by 6/30/15

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 13
LadyLeah
Contributor

@ezdriver wrote:

Fantastic ... but make sure that your withdrawn lien is also shown in the public records. If it isn't, that lien could reappear in your credit reports in the future. Things are often dropped on credit reports only to reappear later. It is your credit records out there so keep an eye on them.

Thanks, Ezdriver! I'll definitely check that out next time I'm in the recorder's office. 

Thanks again for your help!

Starting Score: 529 EQ | 551 TU | 614 EX | 579 TU FAKO as of 1/12/14
Current Score: 621 EQ | ??? TU | 614 EX | 618 TU FAKO as of 6/23/14
Short Term Goal Score: 650 across the board by 12/31/14

Long Term Goal Score: 720+ across the board by 6/30/15

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.