cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any suggestions on a lender for a personal loan and mediocre credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any suggestions on a lender for a personal loan and mediocre credit?

@Anonymous wrote:
Both Walmart and Amazon use chat function. That is how I got all my increases with Synchrony bank. Again asked for $3500.

I actually tried to increase my credit limit right when I signed up for Amazon and got denied due to "Insufficient experience with account at current credit limit" wording isn't exact but that was basically the message, I am thinking I probably have to use the account for a few statements and prove that I can pay decent sized payments every month before I can have a shot at it... some people I hear request CL's right away and get them but my credit history is still pretty limited since I had no open accounts before October of last year.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my first increase with them after the 1st statement.  Went to $2500.  After the second statement went to $3500 and have worked my way up to $6000.  January, I plan to ask for $8000.  First got my card in March.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got my first increase with them after the 1st statement.  Went to $2500.  After the second statement went to $3500 and have worked my way up to $6000.  January, I plan to ask for $8000.  First got my card in March.

Nice, that's a great CL frequency... I'll probably do a lot of Christmas shopping on there and pay it down as much as I can each month, that should help establish a little history with them and prove that I am responsible with paying it back after I use it... I'll give it a shot in a statement or two.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, you convinced me. LOL. Unfortunately getting personal loan for it might not be pissible right now.

Do you have a couple of Capital One cards? If scores are growing you coukd grow limits quickly and combine then.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok, you convinced me. LOL. Unfortunately getting personal loan for it might not be pissible right now.

Do you have a couple of Capital One cards? If scores are growing you coukd grow limits quickly and combine then.

haha, I have a single Capital One, I really wish I had another one... hoping I can get another one maybe here in the next 6 months but I've opened a lot of cards in a little over the past year (all of them) so I am settling down for a bit and hoping to just build up the ones I have for now. I do check thee prequalify sites constantly to see if any good cards are down to take a chance on me but so far no luck, I did have a discover IT say I was pre-qualified and got denied... wasn't surprised really.

I think I just need to be cool for a while and use my cards well and my limits will start growing... maybe I'll get lucky and find some unexpected freelance design jobs and make the money for the camera outright, that'd be ideal but unlikely lol.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

haha, I have a single Capital One, I really wish I had another one... hoping I can get another one maybe here in the next 6 months but I've opened a lot of cards in a little over the past year (all of them) so I am settling down for a bit and hoping to just build up the ones I have for now. I do check thee prequalify sites constantly to see if any good cards are down to take a chance on me but so far no luck, I did have a discover IT say I was pre-qualified and got denied... wasn't surprised really.

I think I just need to be cool for a while and use my cards well and my limits will start growing... maybe I'll get lucky and find some unexpected freelance design jobs and make the money for the camera outright, that'd be ideal but unlikely lol.

Cap One will almost always approve you for two cards when rebuilding. You can actually have a maximum of five Cap One accounts when your scores are better.

Hre's what you do - if you currently have the Platinum, then app for a QS1, or vice versa. If the platinum card is more than two months old, call them (or use online chat) and ask if they can upgrade the card to QS reward status. As each card gets its third statement, go online and request a CLI. They will also give you an automatice CLI at six months. After both cards are more than 6 months old, go online and combine them into one card - the one you want to keep is the upgraded platinum card. Give it a day or so then app for another Platinum card.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.