cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any suggestions on how to attack these baddies???

tag
ramrod
Established Member

Any suggestions on how to attack these baddies???

Hello I'm trying to get advice these CAs that are recent and within the SOL for my state MI. They are as follow: Encore Cap(Midland) $1455 charged off from Walmart 10/12. Opened with Encore Cap(Midland) 10/13. Two accounts with Cavalry for two different CC (HSBC) $973 and $575 opened 5/13. Due to the fact these accounts are new and with my state's SOL does this leave me with no room to negotiate to settle each account for less than what's owed? Also, I should note I have contacted the OC who all told me the CA are handling my accounts now. Please give me some insight on how to negotiate with them?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

Re: Any suggestions on how to attack these baddies???

Don't be discouraged to negotiate because of the fact that a collection is new. The CA just wants its money. I think where SOL plays a role, IME, is settlements. Newly reported collections are less likely to be settled for ^50%, but as years pass, CA's start throwing smaller settlements in hopes of just getting anything. I've seen PFD's work on CO's having only been reported for 1 month. It will be a YMMV. 

On a side note, I've heard terrible things about Midland. I would highly seek advice from someone who has directly and successfully dealt with them. I've been fortunate enough to have had easy to deal with CA's. Good luck to you.

Current 09/01/2021 EQ - 515 FAKO ; EX - 591 FICO ; TU - 598 FICO

Venmo CC $5.0K || Paypal Cashback CC $2.0K || Walmart CC $3.0K || CapOne QS1 $700 || CapOne QS $800 || Mission Lane $1.5K || Merrick $1.0K || AMEX Optima $500
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.