Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any suggestions?

tag
irodriguez7885
Valued Member

Any suggestions?

I need advise on how to raise my credit score. On my credit report all that I have are 3 Cap 1 CC'S that are all in good standing and my student loans that are 13 years old that are also in good standing. Everything else is negative but paid from closed accounts, charge offs and collections have all been Paid in Full and show 0 for the balance owed.  I cant get new credit to help the score because my score is so low that new credit is out of the question. So to sum Up I owe nothing and all is paid, what do I do next?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gagum129
Regular Contributor

Re: Any suggestions?

Goodwill. Contact the collection agencies and creditors and start sending them goodwill lettersm emails, and phone calls. There are plenty of resources on the boards about goodwill letters. They work, maybe not all of them but every little bit helps.

Have you tried getting a secured credit card to start?

Starting Score: 582
Current Score:
Equifax 684 MyFico 10/10/11
Transunion 659 lender pull 7/6/11
Experian 690 lender pull 7/6/11

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Any suggestions?

I agree with gagum129 I would start with the most recent baddies first, because they are the ones hurting your CS the most.

Also your 3 Cap 1 CC'S that are all in good standings...........Are these current open CC's?     Do they have a balance?

How old are these neg items, are they coming off anytime soon?

Good for you having all your debts paid, now thats a wonderful feeling.Smiley Wink

Having them drop from your CR's, will be even better.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.