Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any thoughts on how this will impact score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any thoughts on how this will impact score

My BF has a 651 EQ08, I added him as an authorized user to 5 of my accounts with an aaoa 2yr 4mo and credit lines totalling a little over 40k, 1ish%util on one and perfect pymt histories  (no idea if all of the accounts will report AU, still waiting to see.)  I'm trying to help him get up to 675 to refi his car loan.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Any thoughts on how this will impact score

@Anonymous wrote:

My BF has a 651 EQ08, I added him as an authorized user to 5 of my accounts with an aaoa 2yr 4mo and credit lines totalling a little over 40k, 1ish%util on one and perfect pymt histories  (no idea if all of the accounts will report AU, still waiting to see.)  I'm trying to help him get up to 675 to refi his car loan.

I wont speculate on how it might benefit him but he needs to stand on his own 2 feet for auto and mortgage loans, they will discount AUs. An AU should only be added to helpo someone establish credit once that has been done then AU is canceled, his credit profile is now intermixed with yours and his score is not a true fico score based on his performance.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.