Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody ever had a auto loan trade line deleted by Credit Acceptance

tag
neptunejcw
Regular Contributor

Anybody ever had a auto loan trade line deleted by Credit Acceptance

I have a trade line auto loan from credit acceptance on my credit reports from 2007, I had some late payments because I lost my job in 2010. But its been paid off since 2012. I'm in the process of buying a house & I want to get this deleted from all 3 credit reports because I know it will boost my score up some more. I have 30,90,&120 day lates showing. This is the only thing bad left I have on my credit report & I'm is there anyway I can go about trying to get it deleted. I've called & was told no.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Anybody ever had a auto loan trade line deleted by Credit Acceptance

Did some searching for you, and the results are looking bleak. A lot of others with the same question, over the past years, unanswered. May want to google for it.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to steal OP's thunder, but regarding an auto tradeline, if it's not being reported to all three bureau's, is that bad? And if so, do you talk to the bank or the bureau?

Also did some searching because I have an older tradeline for an auto from Santander that had a 30 day late on it only reporting on TU, and it seems like some people were able to GW it off, but I have come up short on that as well...I guess my only consolation is it was a couple years ago and only shows up for TU.

Message 3 of 7
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not to steal OP's thunder, but regarding an auto tradeline, if it's not being reported to all three bureau's, is that bad? And if so, do you talk to the bank or the bureau?

Also did some searching because I have an older tradeline for an auto from Santander that had a 30 day late on it only reporting on TU, and it seems like some people were able to GW it off, but I have come up short on that as well...I guess my only consolation is it was a couple years ago and only shows up for TU.

Not all creditors report to all the bureaus. Each report cost them money.

A 30 day over two years ago isn't doing anything to you.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, that's reassuring, now I can focus on card utilization since I have no negatives.

Message 5 of 7
neptunejcw
Regular Contributor

I was thinking if sending a good will letter but to who though, they have a few addresses but I'm not sure who would I address it to
Message 6 of 7
baller4life
Super Contributor

I would first send to the address on your reports. If that doesn't work, Google their EO address and send there. Gw takes a ton of patience. Good luck.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.