cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody work with Bureau of Medical Economics (BME) for PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody work with Bureau of Medical Economics (BME) for PFD?

I mailed PFD letters to multiple CAs a few days ago.  One CA is Bureau of Medical Economics.  I have two outstanding medical collections with them. 

$727  Fall-off date March 2018

$183  Fall-off date July 2017

In my letter to BME I offered to pay $300 or 33% of the total balance.   A rep called me today and said there is no way they could accept that amount.  He said they'd accept $729 (a 20% discount)  and said that was the lowest he's allowed to go.  Anybody have any experience with this company?  

Also, he verbally agreed to the PFD request.  Does the PFD agreement need to be in writing or have you guys been successful with verbal agreements?   

Thx!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anybody work with Bureau of Medical Economics (BME) for PFD?

Thought I'd update this for others working with BME.   To start - they called me and agreed to my PFD offer but said they couldn't put it in writing.  The rep sounded friendly and honest.  So, I sent in the agreed upon amount - about $720.   When I followed up with him a few days later he said that I had not sent in the agreed upon amount - that I was short $21.50.   I spoke to another rep there, his supervisor and she too held firm on the $21.50.  

At this time they were able and eager to send a letter (via email) stating they'd remove after payment.  After several revisions due to their typos and oversight I had a letter I agreed with.  I sent in the additional funds.  When I followed up with both of them they both confirmed recent of funds and said the TL's will be removed in the next 2 weeks. 

So, the take away from this - Bureau of Medical Economics will PFD, they will put it in writing, and be sure to get it in writing. :-) 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.