Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone dealt with R. A. ROGERS, INC?

tag
wealthygirl
Valued Member

Anyone dealt with R. A. ROGERS, INC?

Starting Score: 647EQ 625 TU (Sept 09)
Current Score: 728 EQ 724 TU 743 EX(Lender pull)
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
wealthygirl
Valued Member

Re: Anyone dealt with R. A. ROGERS, INC?

SORRY FOLKS..HIT ENTER TOO SOON, LOL!!

My hubby has a NASA FCU CO that was picked up by this CA.  We agreed to pay the debt at $3300 instead of $4300+.  Now they've sent a statement with the $4300+ as the amount owed, instead of the original $3300.  How should I respond? 

TIA (Thanks In Advance)

Wealthygirl

Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Who was the agreement with? NASA? Or the CA? And do you have the agreement in writing?
Message 3 of 5
wealthygirl
Valued Member

The agreement was w/CA and I sent them a copy of their proposal in order to get the ball rolling towards paying off the debt.  They, in turn, sent me a billing statement for the full amt. w/interest.  The billing statement even has several check boxes with one stating "I will not pay this because (fill in the blank).  I'm going to reply by stating that this is not the agreed upon amount.  Do you think that's a good idea, hubby wants to do the right thing and pay instead of stalling/avoiding them...What do you suggest? 

Wealthygirl

Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Who is reporting the debt? What is your goal? To get it off or get it settled?

If the CA is reporting the debt, then a PFD agreement with the CA should be made (after DVing of course).

If the CA is not reporting and only the NASA FCU CO is reporting AND is reporting a balance, then I'd work out one of two things with the OC only 1) a PFD w/ the settlement amount or 2) I'd pay NASA if and only if I had a settlement offer directly from them and then I'd GW at a later date.

I would chose the PFD route if the age of this account was younger than my AAoA (avg. age of accounts). If my NASA CO was older than my AAoA, then I'd work out a settlement with the OC and pay without a PFD. I'd then GW at a later date asking them to remove the lates and CO or settlement status.

I definitely would avoid any stalling. If the OC still reports a balance, then they still own the debt and it is easier, IMO, to deal with it at this point vs. having CAs involved w/ threats of judgments. Plus taking care of it now would put a stop to the interest and also stops the lates.

I personally wouldn't deal with the CA if they aren't reporting and if NASA is reporting a balance. I never trust CAs and I especially wouldn't trust them for making decisions on behalf of the OC. That's probably why there's the balance discrepency. I'd probably start by calling the OC, confirm that they own the debt, confirm the balance, and ask them mif they are open to a PFD arrangement. Also ask if they are open to a settlement and mention the CA's offer. Finally, if they say yes or no to the PFD (assuming that this account is younger than your AAoA), then I'd send a PFD anyway w/ any settlement offer. After 2-3 months' worth of 2-3 letters results in denials, then I'd probably just pay the OC and be done with it. If you opt to settle, then get it in writing from the OC. You can always GW later. I really don't know how they are with PFDs.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.