Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else have trouble with Dell/DFS?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else have trouble with Dell/DFS?

Dell/DFS (Dell Financial Services) were IIB. They are not showing as IIB on 2 of my 3 reports. They are reporting a balance, chargeoff, and EQ actually shows reaffirmation! I've disputed once through EQ and twice through EX. I've sent them several letters. I even sent a letter through Planet Feedback a week or two ago. Nothing as of yet. I've got archives of my reports and letters sent. I dunno if I should send them one last letter CMRRR, or have my lawyer file charges. I'm also having the same issue with Barclay's and Credit One.

I only started this stuff (not quite) 2 months ago when I found the board here. Am I being impatient? Anyone have any experience with any of these? A deletion would be OK, but I'd be fine if they just marked them as IIB, because 3 accounts gone would hurt my AAoA.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Anyone else have trouble with Dell/DFS?

As a matter of fact, I am having DELL report on my credit reports a closed account that was "paid as agreed" for about a year w/ a 1500 limit.  I have no idea what this is or why it's on my reports.  Not deleting it though because it's helping, not hurting.  Weird.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone else have trouble with Dell/DFS?

EQ and TU are now displaying properly. Still having trouble with EX. They've updated twice now. The last update came this morning and they updated to charged off with a $0 balance as of July 2010. That's better, but it's still not showing IIB. I did finally get a letter from DFS after talking to their BK department and faxing in some info. They said they'd update it to Chargeoff/BK but it could take 30-45 days ? (which is BS because if they do it via UDF online it updates that night). Anyway, it's better than nothing, but I'll wait the 30 days and if no update, I'll be faxing the letter to EX. Hopefully that will resolve this once and for all. It's annoying me because this is my last account reporting incorrectly.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.