Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone ever have this happen??

tag
mcf
Contributor

Anyone ever have this happen??

Hoping its some sort of glitch.. i paid as agreed then closed the account.. then paid it off.. so it reported closed, now it shows paid/closed but it all of a sudden popped up today as a collection/chargeoff.. what the heck?? it never was in bad standing.. its american airlines card, old account that i closed paid in full only late was like 3 yrs ago.. so it was a baddie to begin now its a major recent baddie.. stating a C

MAY
C

APR
CLS

MAR
CLS

FEB
CLS

JAN
CLS
DEC
CLS

NOV
CLS

OCT
CLS

SEP
OK

AUG
OK

JUL
OK

JUN
OK

MAY
OK
Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Last HP:2/2015 Util:9% CL:82KTake the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Anyone ever have this happen??

Message 2 of 10
mcf
Contributor

Yeh i wrote customer service throught the online american airlines customer portal.they are closed. Im going to call them tomorrow.. thats messed up literally killed my score. Isnt that illegal to report falsely? I may use it it to try and get them to delete the tradeline all together.. plus i filed a dispute with experian. thats the one it is showing as may 2013 all of a sudden chargeoff.. ughhhh.. good thing i got approved for AMEX on 5/18 cause if they looked today and seen a c0 this onth omg... and they still could see it..

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Message 3 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If it was intentional misreporting, yes it is illegal.  Someone could easily have typed in the wrong code.

I wouldn't have filed a dispute without first giving them the chance to fix it.  That dispute may compicate things.

Message 4 of 10
mcf
Contributor

dang... hrmmz

no way to undo a dispute? lol.. i seen it and flipped out hahah.. you could imagine im sure.. im trying to keep report clean and minute i see something.. you aughta see me spring into action hahaha

Message 5 of 10
mcf
Contributor

i pout in experians number on speed dial so ill call them too tomorrow

lol.

Message 6 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 7 of 10
mcf
Contributor

can i do it online? or is that through the number speak with someone cause ill call aa first if they say ohh ooops our bad, then ill call experian and say hey can you remove that dispute. is that the course of action you would take? Now i know not to dispute before talking to CCC

Message 8 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 9 of 10
mcf
Contributor

So yes follow up lol.. i got nowhere.. talked to AA they say nope we dont show collection/charge-off this was their credit dept supposedly.. so they said maybe call experian so i did they said they will dispute, but in mean time call citibank they backed the American Airlines card.. called cnba, no record of an account period.. not with social nothing.. so basically everyone points fingers and sends you in a 2 hr circle.. lol. awesomeness. wish i could fly. Id get there faster.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.