Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone ever use Lexington Law?

tag
ntg187
Established Member

Anyone ever use Lexington Law?

I was considering contacting them in the near future as I wouldnt be opposed to a helping hand in removing the last 2 issues off my credit report.  Anyone have any positive or negative experience with them?  I assume they would do the same things I would, send DV's, send GW's, send PFD's, etc. but I assumed that since they do this for a living either a) theyre a total scam and just pocket your money for more or less nothing, or b) they might have legite contacts at CA's and lenders they can use to help resolve your issues.  Any thoughts or experiences would be helpful!

Starting (01/01/11) : Approx 520
Current (11/17/11) : TU-679 / EQ-656 / EX-??
Goal (01/01/13) : >780 (all)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Anyone ever use Lexington Law?

The typical response here is going to be "Don't pay someone to do a thing you can do yourself." and "No one can guarantee results!". That being said, a poster here claims to have gotten 2 BoA lates removed using their service, so who's to say? 

I guess it just comes down to deciding if the service is a good value for your needs. Personally.... if I thought there was a chance they could get some 5+ year old BoA lates removed... it might be worth it. Goodness knows I've tried calls, e-mails, GW letters, and everything in between.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 2 of 20
ntg187
Established Member

My problem with the 'dont pay someone to do a thing you can do yourself' argument is... I dont change the oil in my car yet im perfectly capable of doing that... I dont mow my own lawn but im capable of that as well... I take my car through the car wash... I have a maid service clean my house twice a month.  I guess it all comes down to is there a possibility no matter how slim, that they might be able to convince a creditor to remove a paid charge off early?  Ive tried over and over with no success and if the possibility exists itd be worth it to me to pay the fees since in the long run it would pay for itself in interest %'s.

Starting (01/01/11) : Approx 520
Current (11/17/11) : TU-679 / EQ-656 / EX-??
Goal (01/01/13) : >780 (all)

Message 3 of 20
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

I dont recommend using them. I did for about a month and you dont get anything good. They are slow, they don't communicate with you and they write lame DV letters with grammatical errors...

Message 4 of 20
Gladtobehere
Established Member

I have used them twice  and they are stellar. You will have some communications issues, but be that as it may, don't be shallow.Smiley Mad Let the little things be little and rejoice on the big things in life. They have removed a tsunami of negative and inaccurate items for me. I could have did it myself or pay them to do it and have a life. They work, just stay on their azzez.Smiley Surprised They get an A for effectiveness and C on communication. Hope this helps.Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad I found this, some good comments here.  

I wish I had the time and a little more know-how to take care of my credit on my own.

I just signed up for their services about a week ago because I just don't have much free time and no idea where to begin.

At $99 per month, I'll see what they can do.  If I'm not impressed after 2 or 3 months, I'll cancel.

Time is more valuable than money to me right now.

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would advise against them.  I only did as much as register on their website to read some of the information there.  It took a month to get them to stop calling and texting me offering their services.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone has different experiences. I was with them for a year. Your $99 is the initial start up payment, to my understanding atleast. I paid $59 after that. Take a look at my signature. Lexington got me there. Now the $59 that went to them, goes to a new car payment that I couldn't have gotten without their help.

Message 8 of 20
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@ntg187 wrote:

My problem with the 'dont pay someone to do a thing you can do yourself' argument is... I dont change the oil in my car yet im perfectly capable of doing that... I dont mow my own lawn but im capable of that as well... I take my car through the car wash... I have a maid service clean my house twice a month.  I guess it all comes down to is there a possibility no matter how slim, that they might be able to convince a creditor to remove a paid charge off early?  Ive tried over and over with no success and if the possibility exists itd be worth it to me to pay the fees since in the long run it would pay for itself in interest %'s.

Your argument and analogies are flawed. Comparing the oil change thing, the law mow thing, the maid thing, is incorrect. There is one specific way to change oil, and those companies are experts in it. You can become an expert on your car as well but it will be the EXACT same level of service as if you did it, compared to the oil change company. Same goes for mowing, maid service, car wash. Clean is clean, cut is cut. 

Comparing credit repairing and rebuild to such finite tasks is iffy.Credit repair needs finese and think outside the box attitudes. Lexington Law uses methods that include frivilous disputes, hounding with DVs and letters, and bully tactics that work on some companies, and turn other ones into raging jerks. Lexington Laws methods are slowly becoming obsolete, just as PFD in general is becoming harder and harder.  It really isn't a matter of 'paying someone to do something you can' -- its a matter of, do you want THIS kind of energy behind your credit repair? --- There is a flip side, as I am sure the have established contacts within certain collection companies, OCs ect, and you will have success with those companies.

I am completely with you. If you feel they can get a result you cannot, by all means, pay them. I would. It isn't like this company is killing babies. It provides a useful service to a degree. I also get that time is valuable. If LexLaw offered the promise of getting the last couple baddies off my credit, I would consider it too. I  just don't think they have anymore pull with these companies than I do.

The main issue to me is, the items they CANNOT remove become credit report carnage. Dispute remarks you have to remove, companies unwilling to bend now since you put them through the ringer with LexLaw. A LO friend of mine has stated that LexLaw clients are some of the most difficult people to put through the mortgage process because often they will have unpaid collections, and collections littered with disputes because instead of trying for PFDs, negotiations, GWs on their own, they just assumed 2 years and several hundred dollars thrown at the problem would have them ready to go. -- I am not grouping you in this, I am merely stating points.

I wouldn't advise using them for this purpose alone.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 9 of 20
propertyvirgins
Valued Member

THEY LITERALLY GOT 19 ITEMS REMOVED FROM A REPORT CONTAINING 21 NEGATIVE...IT DID TAKE ABOUT 6-7 MONTHS...AND I GUESS I COULD HAVE DID IT MYSELF..BUT ID PAY FOR IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN....MY SCORE JUMPED FROM 470 TO 620 RANGE....

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.