Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone familiar with Down2Shop?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone familiar with Down2Shop?

I see nothing about this company on this board but I'm curious because from what I read online they offer credit building to those who have 500-525 Equifax. Anyone have experience with them?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
memee1978
New Contributor

Re: Anyone familiar with Down2Shop?

I love it and it is continuely helping my credit scores.It reports as a revolving credit card.

hr>Starting Score: 623eq
Current Score 660TU
Goal Score:730> 660EX

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't heard of this one. Just mainly the Fingerhut usual.

If you do end up looking into it, I encourage you to share for the benefit of others. Looks like it has been helpful for some. 

Message 3 of 11
ScottL
New Contributor

bumping this old thread back to the top. I was contacted by someone trying to get me to sign up for this Down2Shop and I have never heard of it. Anyone at all out there any experience with this or even know if it is legit?

Starting Score: 498 (Jan 2013)
Current FICO 8: 687 EQ, 683 TU, 700 EX
Goal Score: 680
Message 4 of 11
ORllyNao
Regular Contributor

I found one complaint on BBB regarding the $100 fee you're charged to set up the credit account, and also don't see anything on their actual website about a store card or their own line of credit offered, just that they accept the standard cards (Visa, Mastercard, etc.). 

Personally, I wouldn't pay $100 to set up a card with a business that's unknown and doesn't seem to have much of an online footprint. Even their Facebook page hasn't been updated since last year, as far as I can tell. 

FICO 8 | March 2023
Message 5 of 11
ScottL
New Contributor

so it looks like they extend you credit for a credit card that you can only use with their own online store? and charge you $100 annual fee. is that all they do to help is offer you a credit card for people who cant be approved for any credit at all?

Starting Score: 498 (Jan 2013)
Current FICO 8: 687 EQ, 683 TU, 700 EX
Goal Score: 680
Message 6 of 11
ORllyNao
Regular Contributor

I went through and signed up for an account with their store to see what would happen as far as them offering credit. All I got back via email was a link to "apply for credit" that took me to a list of secured cards to apply for (all First Progress cards). My guess is they stopped offering their own line of credit and became an affiliate for First Progress. Regardless, the whole thing seems pretty sketchy to me. 

FICO 8 | March 2023
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know they charge upfront $125.00 and then an additional $100.00 annual that shows up as a purchase once you get the invoice.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened 2 accounts, one for each my husband and I, about 1 year ago.  They really did increase our scored by about 70 points.  The reason they helped us so much was that we just did not have any revolving credit.  Just 2 small car loans.  They give you a credit line of $1000 to start and you just buy something small from the down2shop website (though they are asking for merchant referrals to be used more places, and there are certain dentists, etc that take the card.  I've had trouble finding actual merchants that take it, but that's kind of a good thing since your balance stays pretty low.  The credit card is called HCCREDIT.COM or the Help card.  It's important to pay your minimum payment before the due date- a few days late and they will report (in the comments section) THIS ACCOUNT IS SUSPENDED.  They won't report it as late until 30 days, of course, but the comment doesn't look good.  The best part is that you can get the account number as soon as you get approved (call them for it), buy something the same day & immediately make a $25 payment.  As soon as you make a payment they will report to all 3 bureaus.  They say 2 weeks, but I got it done in 4 days.  Also, within a month we both received offers for credit cards in the mail- not prepaid or secured, just regular.  Those were Credit One and First Premier.  Again we used them and pad them almost off right away.  Both reported quickly and offered credit increases.  I'm pretty sure they both had a fee to start, maybe just first premier- it was worth it though.  Overall hubby's score has gone up 140 points and mine about 100.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMHO, there are better alternatives for jumpstarting your credit. Open Sky for example, or SDFCU...

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.