Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone had BADDIES removed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone had BADDIES removed?

I recently started taking a big interest in credit and am upset that I had a negligent account for a TJ Maxx card through Chase about five years ago.  I paid it off in full ($98) but it had been reported as negligent for over 180 days.  I know that if I'd known better I would have used my payment as collateral as it seems many people do.  Unfortunately, I just paid it off in full without anything in writing regarding the record.  I sent a letter a couple days ago to the PO box address on file from the credit report.  What is the likelihood that they'd remove it for me?  Has anyone ever had anything removed?  I acknowledged my mistake in the letter and I am hoping since it's 5 years old and soon due to drop off anyhow that they'd do this for me.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone had BADDIES removed?

I would say you have a good shot at removal - it's from a LONG time ago and the amount is fairly small.  I hope it works for you, keep us updated, I love seeing success stories!

And if they refuse, try again anyway. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.