Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone had Cap One GW Success yet?!

tag
Mvpbowler
Contributor

Anyone had Cap One GW Success yet?!

Just wondering if anyone has had any GW success with them lately, either with charge offs or changing lates?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone had Cap One GW Success yet?!

@Mvpbowler wrote:

Just wondering if anyone has had any GW success with them lately, either with charge offs or changing lates?

Unless it's a mistake on their part then no. I've sent about 6 real letters and 6 emails for a GW to delete a Charge Off, they said they can't due to federal regulations.

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 2 of 3
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone had Cap One GW Success yet?!

I did....

I only got mine removed because after 3 emails to the fake CEO email were all denied (go tohttp://gethuman.com/email/Capital-One-Credit-Card/  to get the email address).  A letter to the address listed in my CA was denied.  I took someone's tip on here to try the CapOne website chat and they guy said yes.  I then got a letter 2 weeks later that said no.  So I called the CS guy and he said no.......but I had a smoking gun.  I emailed the fake CEO email addressagain and attached a full copy of my conversation that I printed.  I'm sure the legal dept. said to make him go away.  In  fact the nice young lady said that this was NOT a GW gesture but in fact just the "right thing to do" since their representative did give me an answer in the affirmative....I didn't argue the point.

I will give you some awesome additional advice.  When you email the fake CEO email address (you really think a guy making bazillion dollars a year cares about us minions enough to have his personal email avaiable to us?.....I think not) but I digress....  A few days after you send the email pleading your case (be polite and to the point) a CSR will call you and go ove everything with you and do an investigation.  At the end of the conversation they will ask you if there is anything else they can do for you.  If you have made all your payments on time and had the acct over 6 months or so....at this point ask for a credit limit increase.  If your CL is at $300 ask for $1000.  They will ask you if you will settle for a lesser amount....say yes.  I sent several emails to this address (and you will get the same person every time you send this email) and I got a CLI every time.  Don't ask on their website chat feature for a CLI...they are instructed to deny you and that will go on their internal record and that will make you look needy.

I will tell you they are a hard nut to crack and I did have a smoking gun but I have seen other people on here get it with less,.  To see more cases look in the top right corner underneath the credit cards on this page.  Enter: "GW Capital One Success" and hit search and you will find more stories.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.