Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone had a PFD that...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone had a PFD that...

That a collection company promised to do over the phone, and actually delivered on their promise?  I am having trouble getting a letter, but they say they will do it for payment, and I need to be able to get this removed asap to get a student loan approved!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone had a PFD that...

also thinking of going to radio shack and getting a device that can record phone conversation. My state is a one party state. That means I'll have record of the conversation and the promises of the conversation if necessary. Has anyone done this, and has it worked for them?
Message 2 of 6
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

Personally, I wouldnt trust it.  Their commitment in writing is binding.  So if you send them the money and they dont hold up their end of the deal, how will you prove to the CRAs that this is what they said? You can try sending your payment "restricted endorsement" but thats not as binding either.  I have done it and it has worked, the COs never showed up on my CR but I didnt have my CR in hand to know whether they were on in the first place.  Just know they never got on their. 
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about if it's recorded? If the conversation is recorded then it can be proven. I just looked up and it says that most states are one party states which means only one party has to consent to being recorded. I'm going down to radio shack right now, and getting a device that will record the conversation I'm having with her. I checked her state (colorado is where their collections dept is) and the one I'm in now and they are both one party states. Either I'm a genius or I'm grasping at straws.  Anyone's opinions on this method?
Message 4 of 6
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

But the question is... will the CRAs accept that if the CA doesnt keep their word.  Before you go and spend your money, investigate that.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I hear ya. I'm just thinking by law, they would have to abide, because if you got an attorney, you have proof that they said they would release the information and they didn't. That's all I was saying. That you could force a resolution possibly. We'll see. I'm going for it.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.