Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone had luck with Kohl's/Cap1 GW?

tag
Barneygirl
Frequent Contributor

Anyone had luck with Kohl's/Cap1 GW?

I've had a Kohl's credit card for the last 2.5 years.  I haven't really charged much on it, and haven't charged anything in the last year because of the trouble they've caused me.

I immediately set up auto-pay the first time I charged something.  I didn't have any credit card utililzation at that point so wanted to have to have some very small reoccuring payments showing on the CR.

Every month auto-pay pulled the minimum payment.  And every time it was running a little low I'd go charge something small to keep it going a few more months to have consistent payment history with them.

Needless to say, in June 2016 I get an alert from myFICO that my Kohl's charge is 30 days late, and a decrease of 50 points to my score!!!  I went in and paid it immediately and noticed that the auto-pay feature wasn't on like normal.   I called the Kohl's, spoke to the rep, and told her what happened.  She said there was nothing she could do.

I have been fighting with these people for the last 12 months, trying to get this 30 day late removed and am at my wits end.

I'm willing to write another good will letter, but since mine haven't been effective up until this point, I'm wondering if anyone has had any positive experiences with these guys that would be willing to share how you were able to get things removed?

If it wouldn't hurt my AAoA I'd cut up the card, close the account and .... well you can guess the rest Smiley Happy

Thanks for any suggestions!

Current FICO Scores: EQ749; TU732; EX733
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.