cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have Experience with this Company?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have Experience with this Company?

Has anyone had any luck with settlement offers to weltman weinberg and reis? They seem so scary and since I'm self-employed they haven't brought me to court yet but I'm worried they will. 

I owe 11149 and am prepared to offer 25% by March and also ask them to remove it from my credit report as a collection. 

Anyone any experience with them?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Anyone have Experience with this Company?

From what I read on the internet, they are aggressive and will pursue court action for the amount of money you owe.

I do not know if they will accept 25% and call it even.   They are much more likely to accept a monthly payment plan.

Let us know how things work out.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are aggressive. I had a payment arrangement with them for over a year of $200 a month. That's at least 12 months multiplied by $200 and yet it shows on the credit report that I paid them $1100 which seems a lot less than what I actually paid. 

But I had to stop making payments and now, since I am trying to repair my credit and I am wanting to get a mortgage someday I am hoping they will take a settlement amount. I know with a debt on my report of that much it would be very hard to get a mortgage, much less a good one. 

The worse part is that I didn't even default on that student loan in the first place. The co-signer decided she didn't want to be on it anymore and lied and said she never agreed to it (she did and signed the papers grr) they took her off and that automatically puts you into default! So because of that there you go, and when I first talked with WWR they did know that was why it had defaulted and asked me something about paying a lump sum, which at the time I wasn't able to do. Perhaps now they will be willing to negotiate. 

Message 3 of 4
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Well, let us know what happens with this company.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.