cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have a GW response like this???? Cap1?

tag
golfingmama
New Contributor

Anyone have a GW response like this???? Cap1?

I received a general letter from cap1 (from my 100th goodwill attempt) that reads   "...we've received your credit bureau dispute regarding your Account..." blah blah blah, I've gotten this response before however the part where it says "...we are currently reporting your Account to the consumer-reporting agencies as follows:

"paste your Picklist Item Here"

Does this mean they changed or (wishful thinking here) deleted the OLD reported status of "Bad debt" and are not reporting a status now?  I'll pull a report in a few weeks to find out what they actually report but I was wondering if anyone ever had something like this happen.  Does changing the status of an account affect score?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone have a GW response like this???? Cap1?

I'm confused as to what the letter says. Does it literally say "paste your Picklist Item here" or is there some other text there???

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 2 of 7
golfingmama
New Contributor

yes "Paste your Picklist Item Here" verbatim

Message 3 of 7
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Maybe I completely worng here, but it sounds like someone at Cap1 was using a form letter and didn't finish filling it out... I'm not sure thisis to your benefit because only the letter is screwed up, not the actual action that Cap 1 took behind the scenes. Seems like your best best is just waiting to see if your crecit report changes.

Message 4 of 7
golfingmama
New Contributor

darn-it! *wishful* and *hopeful* thinking i guess, every little positive change/points help

Message 5 of 7
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

I could be wrong! But that was my reaction to the above... someone screwed up filling out a form letter. Maybe they also screwed up when they were updating the info with the CRA! Fingers crossed for you Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
golfingmama
New Contributor

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.