Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have a Verizon collection?

tag
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Anyone have a Verizon collection?

I have a ? If you are familiar with/have a Verizon Wireless collection. When your account was sold did Verizon delete there entry from the credit bureaus? Or did you get a double report, one from them as well as one from the new junk debt buyer? I'm curious because I ran across a few threads that said it is Verizon's standard operating procedure to remove there enty once the account is sold.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have a Verizon collection?

I have recently asked you regarding this while you were responding to someone's thread.

I did actually have a Verizon Wireless CO. Strange thing is that it came through from somewhere at a time while I have three active lines with them. I filed a fraud complaint with them since is attached to a different address and was active for littrally three weeks. I have spoken to someone at Verizon Wireless Executive Relations but no luck.

As far as reporting goes, it is being reported by Verizon. It has never been reported by another furnisher  at least for my Credit File. When I tried to pay, I was refered to a CA called MRS. I then asked who is reporting this, the Rep said Verizon inserted first CO but the account has since been turned over to MRS. Upon further cross questioning at verious offices, I was told that MRS is only a debt management agency that maintains portfolio of CO. Verizon is responsible for removal of rerport. I am not sure if that is true because it is not a logical answer when looking at reporting patterns accross the board. I am submitted FTC Identity theft Affidavit a waiting to see.

Please update here if there are new developments as I am very interested to know how to deal with them.

Message 2 of 7
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Ya I'm not getting anywhere. I at one point a couple weeks ago was under impression Verizon held the debt still and they were also able to give me balance data etc, but they did say they were in the process of writing it off. Lastnight the EO office directly could not give me a balance or even find it and pretty sure he said it had been SOLD to Diversified Consultants not just assigned. If that is the case and what he said and I've read is true (once they sell there reporting stops and is removed), then I'm in a better position as Diversified has been pretty easy to get off my back in the past. Had a Sprint accoubt they bought from Enhanced Recovery and got it removed pretty quickly for the most part. I'm just waiting it out now to see what happens. I do have the money to pay. Hoping Verizon removes and I'll pay Diversified before they report thus making my report spotless :-)
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 3 of 7
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

I'm also in process of refinancing my cars, so if Verizons disappears off of EQ I'm instantly having my bank pull my credit before its reinserted at any point LOL, although hopefully it's not :-/
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope it works out for you. I know how frustrating it is. Hopefully I will be through with Verizon soon.
Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

There is no requrement that an OC delete their reporting if they sell the debt.

They are only required to update their reported balance to $0.

Are they still reporting a debt balance?  Once they sell, then they are required to promptly undate the balance to $0.

If they stated that they are in the process of doing a charge-off, that would be additional indication that, at least as of that date, they still own the debt.

If and when a debt collector sends dunning notice, they are required to identify the current owner of the debt.

I have seen hundreds of posts pertaining to Verizon debt that has a reported collection, and where Verizon has not deleted their reporting.

While they may have done so in certain situations, I have seen no indication of any such general policy on their part.

Message 6 of 7
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

They sold it already and it reports a balance still. The EO told me that they remove there reporting once it's sold because they don't double report same debt, just that it would be 60-90 days or something. I made him repeat 3 times that it would be deleted and removed. He assured me it would. I ran across many posts that it is Verizons SOP that when they actually SELL the debt they delete there reporting. They don't sell many of there bad debts, most they just assign out. Either way he assured me there would be no double entry. Also many people on here report that they don't have double entries from Verizon.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.