cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have a good letter for sending verification to collection on medical???

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Anyone have a good letter for sending verification to collection on medical???

My partner had a trip to the hospital via Ambulance a couple years ago recently pop up only on EX however he has spoke to them and the insurance company and no one with provide details of what was or wasn't paid for by insurance, if not filed correctly with insurance to make that happen and then have this collection removed because it was handled correctly... so I was hoping to send certified letter to collection regarding prove submition to insurance and balance after or delete it....

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Anyone have a good letter for sending verification to collection on medical???

Send the debt collector a debt validation request. Keep it simple, such as:

"This is a request for debt validation under FDCPA 809(b).

I request that you provide verification of the debt in the form of an itemized listing of the debt asserted to be owed.

I also request that you provide the name and address of the original creditor for this debt."

You can include demands for documentary proof of the debt itself, but providing documentary proof is not a requirement imposed on them under the statute.

You would need a ruling by a judge to compel such discovery.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.