cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have any luck with Equinox Collection Services???

tag
mmmlive1999
Frequent Contributor

Anyone have any luck with Equinox Collection Services???

I have a paid collection with Equinox from 09, I have sent out my first round of GW letters 3 weeks ago and have received no word.When I called the rep said they don't delete. Has anyone got them to respond to a GW? What should I do if they don't talk to me?

Starting Score: 6/6/12: TU 585/EQ 472/ EX 561
Current Score: All 800's
Cap1 QS - $17k, Chase Southwest- $25k, Discover IT - $50k
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone have any luck with Equinox Collection Services???

Is this Equinox Financial Management Collection with address in Illionois? If so.....

I just settled a debt with Equinox -- they were not reporting as they were the "local CA" that was assigned from another CA. We settled the debt for 1600 from over $6500. They were very nice. I would keep trying to reach them. Have u tried e-mailing? Its a generic e-mail @efmsi.com . PM me for the deets.

If not, then please disregard this post .... LOL

Good luck! 

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
mmmlive1999
Frequent Contributor

I think this is a different Equinox. They have a Tulsa, OK. Address. Thanks though.

@NewbieReed wrote:

Is this Equinox Financial Management Collection with address in Illionois? If so.....

@I just settled a debt with Equinox -- they were not reporting as they were the "local CA" that was assigned from another CA. We settled the debt for 1600 from over $6500. They were very nice. I would keep trying to reach them. Have u tried e-mailing? Its a generic e-mail @efmsi.com . PM me for the deets.

If not, then please disregard this post .... LOL

Good luck! 

Message 3 of 7
mmmlive1999
Frequent Contributor

BUMPSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Send it again, maybe look for someone up the ladder that can do more than a front line CSR.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 7
RickyRay
New Contributor

Yes, In Tulsa, Oklahoma. They have been horrible to me! I was a victim of ID theft, some one opened a bank account in my name and stiffed over $750 on it.

They have been trying to make me pay for it anyway. I have police reports and everything, But they dont care, and demanded that I pay it or they would really

do bodily harm to my credit score, even threatend to go after my social security check, and take everything I own, this is an awful company. They have no hart

what so ever. They cought the guy who did this, he was an illegal mexico person, he has been deported back to where he came from. Still this company dont care

and is very ruthless. I had to change my Phone# and keep it unlisted, I told them to stop calling me but that did not work either. I live in wisconsin and never

lived in tulsa. they claim i have, they have argued with me on every level about this. I hope that no one ever has to deal with these poeple. They are very

evil!! This was done in 2009, I will just half to wait till this falls off my report. Oklahoma law on the statute of limitations has expired on collecting this by law,

Ofcorse they can report it for the 7 years on the CAs. But nothing stops this company. The cematary where my late wife is burried has Equinox collection bills

in the post box where people post comments etc. This company keeps billing dead people to. Anyway, I hope that no one has to ever deal with them. They are

crooks and horrible people.

Well I don't have a logo, so I will just use @#@
Message 6 of 7
RickyRay
New Contributor

Finally got that off my credit report! I disputed to no end and when they sent me "So Called Verification" It had a different name as mine and info, I made copies sent them to the CRA's and they removed them from my reports! Hope they never come back. But Trans Union at first would not delete it so I called The FTC and the Banking Commission and everyone that I could think of about the problem. Experian has a theft resolution dept (If your a member of their credit monitoring service, They called TU and the Companies that were reporting NEGS on my reports, and the inquiries, All the baddies got removed except a few inquiries. All of my reports are clean now, Thank God! It took about 7 months to do it but it got done. My scores has improved but just not sure how to get my score up to atleast 650. My current scores as of June 20, 2013...as noted

are TU 598, EQ 598 and EX 675, Just dont know what to do tho get them up on TU and EQ. My credit age is only about 6 moths though (My oldest account is 9 months old and the newer ones are 6 months old). I will just keep hanging in their, After one year should be going up. If anyone have any tips or advice just let me know. Thanks.

Well I don't have a logo, so I will just use @#@
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.