Not applicable

Anyone have any success deleting an OC?

How have you done it?

BofA has yet to delete.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone have any success deleting an OC?

Explain... this is way to vague for me to even attempt to respond haha

I have had some OC success, but in what context are you refering to?

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 8
yyc
New Contributor

I have gotten deletions / ammendments from Capital One Auto Finance and Nelnet. I am having some difficulty with BofA, HSBC and CapitalOne. I've basically got denied for all of them, but I'm not giving up. From my understanding, it comes down to who has more patience.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's actually yours and being reported accurately, GW letters can work for OCs.

I haven't heard of many people succeeding with GWs with BofA. You can try searching the boards for 'BofA success' or 'BOA success', etc.

Message 4 of 8
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

I have had success with OCs deleting their TLs using GW letters.

Would love to hear your story with Nelnet.  They just denied me a couple weeks ago. 

Message 5 of 8
yyc
New Contributor

@Tooliebell wrote:

Would love to hear your story with Nelnet.  They just denied me a couple weeks ago. 

Check it out here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Successful-GW-with-Nelnet-Loan-Services-in-le...

Message 6 of 8
taj_laneal
New Contributor

I am also having trouble with HSBC.  I have been refused twice (both by the same person).  How persistent should I be?  How often should I send letters, especially since I will most likely be speaking to the same person.  It is supposed to remain on my report until 12/2014, and I am looking to buy a house next year (mid-2012).

Starting Score: 09/14 EQ 596 TU 587 EX 588
Current Score: 11/14 EQ 670
TU 602 (CK VantageScore 688)
EX 656

Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taj_laneal wrote:

I am also having trouble with HSBC.  I have been refused twice (both by the same person).  How persistent should I be?  How often should I send letters, especially since I will most likely be speaking to the same person.  It is supposed to remain on my report until 12/2014, and I am looking to buy a house next year (mid-2012).

Man Surprised I don't know why, but the larger one of two old HSBC accounts just dropped off my EX

I just got my Midland delete letters in the mail yesterday (one for the disappearing HSBC, one for a 1st Premier).

I had tried GW phone calls and faxes before I got Midland paid. Maybe I ought to just try again on the other smaller one?

The EIDT EX FAKO (obviously I can't pull an EX FICO on demand) jumped 69 points since yesterday on this, from 541 to 610.

Here's to hoping I get a SW alert later today with similar results! (i.e. It falls off EQ and my score went up)

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.