cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have experience with Allied Collection Service in Indiana?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have experience with Allied Collection Service in Indiana?

My husband and I are working on cleaning up his report. I can't find much of anything on Allied. I do know they will sue according to some complaints while searching for info. This account is well within SOL. They refuse to do anything via e-mail or through the mail without talking to my husband on the phone first. They only call during the middle of the day when he's at work, and they refuse to send anything in the mail or through e-mail without talking to him on the phone first. They are not friendly people. I do know that they will not do PFD due to their contract with the OC. Husband tried to get the OC to recall the debt, but no go.

What's the best course of action here? I suspect this one is going to need to be PIF and will just have to age off, but is there any way they can update the account to paid and not make it look so new in FICOs eyes? They seem to be updating the file every 3-6 months just to make sure the CRAs know it's still unpaid.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have experience with Allied Collection Service in Indiana?

@Anonymous wrote:

My husband and I are working on cleaning up his report. I can't find much of anything on Allied. I do know they will sue according to some complaints while searching for info. This account is well within SOL. They refuse to do anything via e-mail or through the mail without talking to my husband on the phone first. They only call during the middle of the day when he's at work, and they refuse to send anything in the mail or through e-mail without talking to him on the phone first. They are not friendly people. I do know that they will not do PFD due to their contract with the OC. Husband tried to get the OC to recall the debt, but no go.

What's the best course of action here? I suspect this one is going to need to be PIF and will just have to age off, but is there any way they can update the account to paid and not make it look so new in FICOs eyes? They seem to be updating the file every 3-6 months just to make sure the CRAs know it's still unpaid.

Send them a CMRRR letter, with your husbands signature on it stating that ALL TELEPHONE CALLS are to be considered inconvenient and any further calls by them after reciept of this letter will be considered an intentional violation of FDCPA and will be appropriately treated as such. All further communications will be via USPS. Ask for validation of the debt under FDCPA if you have not recieved any dunning notice from them.

How much is the debt?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They sent a dunning notice several years ago. Will sending the letter to tell them to cease calling cause them to sue? Or will they just send a bill?

The debt is around $650 and we have the money to PIF.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably not. Problem here is that because this in on his reports, only your husband can legally tell them not to call. And typically this must be done in writing. Any lawsuit would be short circuited by promply paying anyway, so keep the funds on hand just in case.

Message 4 of 5
Shokk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They sent a dunning notice several years ago. Will sending the letter to tell them to cease calling cause them to sue? Or will they just send a bill?

The debt is around $650 and we have the money to PIF.

How many years is several?  Just want to make sure you're not confusing SOL with CRTP.  Two completely different things.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.