cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have experience with a small loan company?

tag
Loques
Regular Contributor

Anyone have experience with a small loan company?

I have these annoying entries on my CR from a small loan company (multiple entries) from 2007 when I received cash loans (small amounts of $100-$200 at a time). Although now, it seems like a very stupid thing to do, I needed it then! I wish I knew then what I know now!  Smiley Wink  I am trying to figure out how to get these off of my CR.  It is one of the few negative things left.

Believe it or not, there were other small loan companies on there, but I was able to PFD them and they agreed to remove the entry.  This one is just stubborn.  It is paid in full and has been for about 2 years.  I send a GW letter to this company every few months just for the heck of it hoping they fired the office manager and it lands on someone else's desk.  To no avail, she is still there.  It is a small, local company with about 4 employees - so you would think you would be able to talk amicably with them.  But, I've tried, it hasn't worked.

Here's the thing.  In GA, where I am, payday lending is illegal.  Now this isn't necessarily a "payday" loan, but it is sort of the same idea.  I don't have the paperwork anymore (I wish I did, because there is some roundabout way they end up loaning money to people). I was wondering what to do.  Is it worth having an attorney look into for predatory/unfair lending practices?  It will be about 2-3 more years for it to fall off my CR but I don't want to just let it sit there.

TIA for any feedback!

Current Score (11/2020): EQ: 753 | TU: 731 | EX: 749---Starting Score (3/2010): EQ: 522 | TU: 525 | EX: 520---Goal: All 3 FICO 800+
--------------------
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.