cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have luck with Regions doing a PFD on Repo?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have luck with Regions doing a PFD on Repo?

I was telling a friend about this site, but she is embarrassed to publicly talk about this stuff, even though your name is not found here. She has a $12K balance on a repo. She has been disputing this because they cannot find the paperwork to prove what the car sold to prove out the deficiency. However, the SOL is still 7 months away from expiring and she started the dispute which puts her on their radar. She can afford to pay the entire amount if forced. But, has anyone done a PFD with Regions? I can't see paying the full amount without proof without at least getting them to agree to a PFD. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Anyone have luck with Regions doing a PFD on Repo?

I recommend that she check with her state consumer affairs agency that regulates the requirments for repossession.

There are likely regs that require accounting to the consumer within certain periods after their disposal of the vehicle, thus informing of the net debt that remains.

Without such an accouting, the consumer cannot evaluate their obligation.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.