Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have recent experience with LDC Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have recent experience with LDC Collections

I have two LDC Collections on my TU file - traffic ticket and a parking ticket.  Both tickets were paid at the issuing city's court house, not through LDC Collections.  The traffic ticket was paid in 2012.  The parking ticket was paid yesterday.  

Eager, I called LDC today to confirm the parking ticket is showing as 'Paid' on their end.  She said yes and the status change would be reported as such to TU tomorrow.  I asked, "how about just deleting it instead."   She said they are unable to do that and the only way to have derogs deleted is to request the respective courts order them removed.   Does this seem legit?   Or should I start sending GW letters to LDC?   Smiley Happy

The city where the traffic ticket was issued/paid has an online system.  I just filed an online motion, or an e-motion, if you will, to have it removed.    I'll update in a couple of days on that end.  

Anyone have any luck with PFD or GW with LDC Collections?   

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have recent experience with LDC Collections

The court mailed me a response to my online motion. 

"In response to your correspondence, the Court has not authority to have any cases that have been in collections to be removed from credit reports.  We show you have paid this case and it is now termed."

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought I'd update this for anyone working with LDC. 

I had two collections with different courts.   Once I paid the courts directly I reached out to LDC to try and get the collections removed. 

They were not communicative at all - no response to voice mails or GW letters last year. 

LDC, however, recently removed the two collection on their own.  The collections had drop-off dates of Mar 2017 and Jan 2019.  

If you're wondering, it was a very small bump on my TU after these fell off.  Maybe 5 points. 

Hope this helps. 

Message 3 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Glad it finally worked out for you. Also, thanks for letting others know the data points on this, even though it appears for some reason your original thread did not get any replies.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this thread may be dead, but I had a dealing or not so with LDC.  

I got two speeding tickets on my visit to Arizona in 2013, one I was coming down a hill and I admit I was gonig 15 over, it was a tourist trap they were waiting at the bottom pointing up.  The 2nd was for doing 30 in a 25, when I was going 10 becuase if you've ever been to Jerome Arizona that mountian road is crazy especially in a thunderstorm at night, cop refused to show me radar.

I contested both tickets, but since I was on vacation ( live in CT) could not appear for court date, wrote my deposition and plead not guilty, they wrote back you've been found guilty and owe court fees on top of your tickets, each ticket was now $324 and $377.  I said F that.  About 4-5 months later they put me to LDC, after LDC sent me 5 or 6 letters depanding I pay these fines, I saw them hit my credit report 1 years later in 2014.  

As of May 2016 they dropped off.  Not sure if this is helpful, I cant go back to Arizona and drive for a few more years, but **bleep** them and their tourist traps, they pulled us over becuase we rented a shiney new Impala.  I digress, hope that is useful to someone.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.