cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have success with getting AT&T to recall debt from CA?

tag
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

Anyone have success with getting AT&T to recall debt from CA?

CA: Southwest Credit Systems

Balance: $188

After doing some research it appears that Southwest is a pain to get a PFD, so I was seeing if it'd be easier to have AT&T recall the debt? The debt is mine.

Thanks!

Experian: 693 | Transunion: 700 | Equifax: 690 | Utilization 4 %

EX: 5 | TU: 8 | EQ: 7
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have success with getting AT&T to recall debt from CA?

@lamplight2012 wrote:

After doing some research it appears that Southwest is a pain to get a PFD, so I was seeing if it'd be easier to have AT&T recall the debt? The debt is mine.

Thanks!

I did. ATT was still able to pull me up by my SSN. They took the payment and recalled from the CA (the same one you had). At some point ATT also took their account off my credit report as well.

Message 2 of 12
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lamplight2012 wrote:

Thanks!

I did. ATT was still able to pull me up by my SSN. They took the payment and recalled from the CA (the same one you had). At some point ATT also took their account off my credit report as well.

Thanks for the response!

Did you negotiate this through email or did you just call them?

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did it all over the phone. I never spoke to the collection agency, only AT&T.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long had it been since the debt was written off? I called and they said there was no way to pull the debt back because it was already sold. Would love to hear how you did it. 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How long had it been since the debt was written off? I called and they said there was no way to pull the debt back because it was already sold. Would love to hear how you did it. 

The debt could not have been more than 4 years (3 at the time I took care of it). It had gone to the southwest place already. I just asked if they were still able to take the payment directly and they were. Sorry I don't have more info, I did this about a year ago and no longer have my record of it. They were extremely helpful unlike verizon who wouldn't deal with me at all.

Message 6 of 12
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The debt could not have been more than 4 years (3 at the time I took care of it). It had gone to the southwest place already. I just asked if they were still able to take the payment directly and they were. Sorry I don't have more info, I did this about a year ago and no longer have my record of it. They were extremely helpful unlike verizon who wouldn't deal with me at all.

DamianV,

Did you request AT&T to pull it from the CA or did they just do it without you asking?

Thanks!

Message 7 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I would try to call to pay it and just ask them straight up. If you do not ask, the risk will still be there that they will not delete it. They are not required to do this as it is, so being clear about your request would help.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 12
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

@RM21 wrote:
I would try to call to pay it and just ask them straight up. If you do not ask, the risk will still be there that they will not delete it. They are not required to do this as it is, so being clear about your request would help.

Definitely, RM21.

I'm going to give it a try.

Message 9 of 12
akeith7

I called ATT for a debt that's about two years old and currently with AFNI and they said that once it's paid off they will recall it from collection agency. Too bad mine is $1600 so it's gonna be a while until I can pay.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.